Please Critique : Best I’ve ever done (in my opinion)

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Please Critique : Best I’ve ever done (in my opinion)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    HolliHolli
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Woman from anatomy

Carlos Perez
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey Holii, the overall portrait convinces me, it looks “real”, I would add a bit more of the jaw at the right down part of her face though, structure-wise that’s the thing i’d change,  the hair looks well, the proportions seem correct, good stuff.

value-wise I would suggest you add more value (get darker) on your block-in. A mid-dark value on the shadows would help the image to pop up and that tells us that the effect of light is happing there.

Thanks for sharing your work ::)

Mark Watson
    Participant
    No points.

Looks like you are making progress!

The biggest issue I see is the features aren’t lined up along the vertical axis. The mouth and chin are banana-ing (curving) off axis. See that? I would watch that in your next drawing. I always think the rule of thirds and the axis are the two biggest things for a front view like this.

Lewis BellLewis Bell
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Great job! That core shadow on the nose is great! I agree with the previous comments in having a greater seperation between dark and light and utilising structural lines to arrange the feature early on will push you on – keep it up!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.