Personalize Our Progress

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Website Suggestions and Wish List Personalize Our Progress

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Jeff VehigeJeff Vehige
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I don’t know if it’s possible, but is there a way to have more control over our courses.

Suppose I’m taking Steve Huston’s Head Drawing Class. The NMA Website tracks my progress, but often, it’s incorrect. Suppose I jump ahead to study the nose. Now NMA thinks I’m further along than I really am. So now I can’t get to my real place in the lessons without multiple clicks. Also, there’s no way to mark what I’ve completed and no way to bookmark those lessons I want to return to.

Sure, I can use the “Playlist” feature, but that’s burdensome, too. Too many clicks.

Now, yes, I understand these are first-world problems and a simple yellow tablet is a great way to keep track of all of this. But perhaps you might consider giving us a way to track our progress through these courses.

Thanks for listening.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

This is helpful. We are currently working to overhaul some of this (with some big improvements). We’ll take this into account.

Morgan Moore
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Just want to voice my support for something like this, I find now it’s hard to keep track of which “courses” I’ve worked through. Especially since there are some video lessons that are in different courses, which can be hard to keep track of. Also, a better way to know which courses have assignments and which don’t would be helpful. Assignments are absolutely my favorite part of this website since it’s hard for me to design assignments myself (obviously, I’m just a student).

Thanks!

DaanDaan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi there,
    I would also like to support features like this.
    I’ve had experiences with the advanced personal interfaces within the digital learning platform Pluralsight. It keeps track of progress which is great feedback to its users. It also checks your level of skill through asking simple questions about, in this case software. Might be interesting if a similar checkup could be created. Of course questions on art are a little more complex than simple questions about  what hotkey to use in Photoshop for example. Still i think it could be very inspiring to see what your con-colleagues have to offer. ( I dont know if that’s something that is said in English, concolleague 😉 )
    Cheers!

Tanya SannutoTanya Sannuto
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi there, the above suggestions are also my own challenges. The inability to be able to track what I’ve done causes quite a period of confusion every time I log on. Also, though I could randomly study any lesson i’d like to, it would also be super helpful if there was a “suggested” order to work through specifically in my instance, for Steve Huston’s lessons. Sometimes I go round and round and the site seems to forget where i’m at. Maybe a check mark could be applied that stays so you know you have definitely watched something already. I don’t know the answer but I know it wastes time and causes confusion, so definitely an area that could be improved. Thanks so much. I truly Love everything and would definitely put up with this minor thing but if you’re looking at improving start there. 🙂

• This reply was modified 3 years, 12 months ago by Tanya SannutoTanya Sannuto.
    Shazad Madon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I agree with Jeff with regard to functionality of tracking progress and would like to add my suggestions.

I have also the problem with the course I am studying, that it still shows me I’m on section 3 even though i am on section 10 and have gone through all the videos.

Therefore I tend to each time search in the search box. the ability to select how much you completed the course would solve this.

Another suggestion would be to be able to see all the lessons in the course at a glance and then be able to select the section, like an index of a sort.  This would also give a better idea of where I am at and where i am getting to.

UmerUmer
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I am using a small note book to mark the lessons I have covered. It keeps me on track and few clicks can take me where I was last time. Hope it helps until the issue is resolved.

HonestkaHonestka
    Participant
    No points.

“I agree with Jeff with regard to functionality of tracking progress and would like to add my suggestions.

I have also the problem with the course I am studying, that it still shows me I’m on section 3 even though i am on section 10 and have gone through all the videos.

Therefore I tend to each time search in the search box. the ability to select how much you completed the course would solve this.

Another suggestion would be to be able to see all the lessons in the course at a glance and then be able to select the section, like an index of a sort.  This would also give a better idea of where I am at and where i am getting to.”

I have the same issue. I’ll have completed a lot more % than is reflected in my continue course page. I have to go back and fumble through trying to remember which exercises or videos I already watched in order to get back to where I was. A check mark, or an option to click “mark as read” (something along those lines) would be lovely to help avoid this. Or maybe some sort of “bookmark” feature where a bookmark icon could be displayed as a subtab of the “learn” dropdown menu would be cool.

I also frequently use the search box to find the course to see where I’m at and continue, which is somewhat cumbersome. I’ll end up keeping a long-term tab open on my computer with just the course overview page, and a separate one to watch the sections.

I have a hard spiral notebook where I take notes on most sections I watch, but it can be a “mouthful” to write down the course, section, instructor, title, and so on.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.