Painting Three Dimensionally in Acrylics

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Painting Three Dimensionally in Acrylics

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this video lesson, master painter and illustratorGary Meyer shows you how to compose simple geometric forms such as a sphere, cylinder, and a cube from imagination using correct perspective and construction. You will learn how to block out a framework in pencil then use the acrylic paints to create a three dimensional effect, refining each shape with light.

Materials

• Liquitex Professional Heavy Body Acrylic Paint
    • Illustration Board
    • Mechanical Pencil
    • Ruler
    Mirian Lindgren
    Participant
    No points.

hi! How can create acrylic palette?

Yaroslav Khadeev
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

It was a good master class to watch about lights and shadows. I’m learning to draw in pencil, but I also wanted to use paints to apply the new knowledge. I have zero experience in painting, but I use aucrylic paints to decorate on clay. I don’t know how to mix colors properly with water to get the right value, so this was a challenge for me when I tried to repeat after the instructor. More expalanion would be better for beginners in painting. In general, I liked the class.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

We will try to do more on acrylic mixing in the future. Most professional artists we work with prefer oils, but we’ll keep an eye out for an opportunity to teach this!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.