Open critique

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Open critique

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Trevor coopersmith
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you NMA and especially Chris Legaspi for his input regarding my drawings! I really hope these critique videos stay open to viewing and publication even after the pandemic settles down. Very much appreciated and if there is any available crit input here is a few hour drawing of Rajiv from NMA image database.

thanks,

Trevor C.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Nice work! three things that jumped out at me:

Remember the leg doesn’t connect to the top of the pelvis. There is a 3 finger gap between the ASIS (anterior superior iliac spine) and where the leg is actually bending. The nearside thigh seems to be inserting too high on the torso.

The dark contour is flattening out your nice 3d form the way you’re using it.

Your core shadow is nice and dark but the shadow side as a family doesn’t seem to visually group as well as it could!

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Also, from the bottom of the nose to the chin–split that in half and you should have the bottom of the lower lip. The opening of the mouth is above that closer to the nose than we often expect.

Trevor coopersmith
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you Joshua for the quick response. Noted regarding the dark contour, core shadow, leg connections and facial proportions! Very much appreciated

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.