No background music

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Website Suggestions and Wish List No background music

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author
    JackJack
    Participant
    No points.

It may just be my personal preference, but I find putting backing music on demonstration videos takes away more than it adds.

I can appreciate you may worry that the viewer will get bored, but I’m happy to watch Ben Fenske only to the sound of the outdoors and the occasional piece of commentary. I challenge anyone to listen to the accordion and banjo music in Introduction to Landscape Painting Part 11: Plains  for a full hour! I’ve had to put it on mute and turn on the close captions.

Just a suggestion 🙂

• This topic was modified 3 years, 6 months ago by JackJack.
    Natalie MontelongoNatalie Montelongo
    Keymaster
    Administrator Badge
    No points.

@JackMunn Hey, what’s wrong with an hour of banjo music!? 😛

I can certainly see how music might be distracting for some artists.

I will share your suggestion with the NMA team.

Pablo AguilarPablo Aguilar
    Participant
    No points.

I think it’s kinda funny in the russian courses, at the end when Ilya is talking about the assignment and you can barely hear him over the dramatic piano

L. Welfare
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Second this, an option to turn it off would be great, especially for the daily figure drawing sessions…can be quite annoying, and if you turn the sound off you miss the timer countdown sound

Keymaster
    Administrator Badge
    No points.

Hello, Artists!

I am forwarding your opinions to the NMA team! 🙂

NMA’s goal is to offer the very best online art instruction, your opinions will be highly considered for future content.

I sincerely apologize for any current distraction, and thank you for sharing your feedback. 🙂

JackJack
    Participant
    No points.

Great, thanks Natalie!

I wouldn’t call it the most crucial new feature, it certainly isn’t going to stop me from learning on NMA 🙂 content is, of course, much more important. I just thought it’d probably save NMA editing time and the need to purchase the rights to music!

Thanks.

Jim Fitzgerald
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I love classical music, piano, etc.  and I know you can’t please everyone, but the selections in the timed life drawing sessions are not relaxing for me. At all….

I find them disturbing enough that I have to mute them…. Immediately… Oh well…

Keymaster
    Administrator Badge
    No points.

Sorry about that, Jim!

TheoTheo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

So as it turns out the first thing ”the animation survival kit” teaches you is no back round music now of course me being the rogue that I am don’t follow those teachings.

JackJack
    Participant
    No points.

I’m disappointed to have started the drapery section of the Russian Drawing course, only to find there’s suddenly background music in the demonstrations.

I appreciate you can’t go back and change existing courses, but I really hope you passed on the feedback Natalie because the Russian Drawing course came out fairly recently. I can’t imagine background music adds any benefit for students (who could, after all, play music of their own choosing if they wanted to) but it’s a significant distraction to those of us struggling to focus.

The Russian Drawing course is unquestionably the best course I’ve taken yet, but I now am finding it more mentally draining trying to absorb and understand Iliya. Music doesn’t help me learn, it hinders it.

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Hi Jac, I just wanted to confirm that we have received your feedback and that we have taken it to heart. To my knowledge we are moving away from background music. And I can confirm that removing the music from the Russian Academic course is also in the pipeline. However this will take some time as our editors are very busy. We appreciate your feedback because it allows us to improve and make the learning experience better for everyone.
    Thank you

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Hi Jac,

Our editors worked some magic and were able to remove the audio from the drapery course. I hope this is helpful!

JackJack
    Participant
    No points.

Absolutely brilliant Daniel! It does make focusing on Iliya Mirochnik much easier.

I’m really impressed NMA listens to feedback- I’m sure it’ll help improve course content. It’ll definitely keep me subscribed.

Cheers

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

It was Sasha that did all the work 🙂
    I’m glad to hear it

JackJack
    Participant
    No points.

Ask Sasha if I buy her lunch, will she also take the music off the Introduction To Landscape demos. Genuine offer! 😀

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.