New NMA Student… Beginner drawer

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique New NMA Student… Beginner drawer

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Zarley9
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Would love to hear what you think of this.  I am new to drawing and am 6 days into my NMA subscription.  Obviously, the hands and legs are a bit much and I’ve got a long way to go but it only took 30 min, so I’m kinda proud of it.

I used to draw as a kid and so I think I have a little skill?

Tomas ChapotTomas Chapot
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey! i hope you are enjoying your NMA subscription, its full of content and great teachers. Great Job on the drawing! If i can give you some advice, that helped me when i was starting out, is to leave the rendering a side for a bit and start thinking about form in space. Try to imagine whats the real form of the things you are drawing (the head, arms, ribcage, etc) and how it sits in space. A really good tool to understand this is to do cross contour to describe the form. Think of the form as simple boxes, cylinders and spheres, that combine with each other. Also a really good thing to start is gesture drawing, try loosen it up a bit and capture what you feel the pose is expressing. That is going to make you avoid stiff poses. I hope this helps, and i would love to see more of your work!
    Tomas

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.