NEW COURSE: Portrait Painting for Beginners with Joseph Todorovitch!

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Announcements NEW COURSE: Portrait Painting for Beginners with Joseph Todorovitch!

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Bafflermeal
    Participant
    No points.

I’d also like to say that having the Hu course (also here) and the Todorovich one at the same time is really great. I really like seeing both masters’ approaches to painting, it is very valuable to see their perspectives.

Bafflermeal
    Participant
    No points.

I neglected to mention Steve Huston’s expansive course, and I haven’t even started with John Asaro’s and the other painting courses here. I’m watching a little bit every day.

zainruiz
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

As an artist and a creative professional you always want to push the boundaries and come up with an incredible result.To do that, the best thing that you can do is to have the right guide and muse to help you take your project to the next level.

The body-kun figures for drawing you can find on our website, are designed to bring your creative ideas to life in a clever and unique way.We know how much work and commitment goes into every creative piece that you make. It’s very challenging and time-consuming, especially when you want to complete a portrait.

April Rocco
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Just started this course enjoying it.Wish there was a list of materials and brushes used .Practice

Matteo Lepore
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

There’s a complete video about all the materials he uses April 😉

Darrin Maier
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey, I have a question about this course. I see in the beginning when he uses gamsol and black paint to draw and create a wash to create a portrait. If that’s the only step I wanted to do in a painting could I varnish it that way?

Thanks!

Andrea Poe
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Definitely seeing a little progress. Great course!

Andrea Poe
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

On to color!

Claire VdhClaire Vdh
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I am just starting with the basic drawing lessons, I can’t wait to try this course later on!! Feeling excited !

Zau SpínolaZau Spínola
    Participant
    No points.

The course is really amazing. I feel like Joseph is a close friend, he seems to be a nice guy to hang out with. And also he is a great teacher! I will share some of my trainings in the forum (don’t know where is the right place to do so yet). Greetings, everybody!

Zau SpínolaZau Spínola
    Participant
    No points.

First lesson

Hi!

I guess this is the right place to post the course lessons, so here it is!

This is the portrait for the first lesson! What do you guys think I got right and what should I practice more?

I used oil on a wooden panel primed with acrylic gesso. Not the best option as the surface was a bit rough, as you can see in the picture. But I still liked it.

Greetings from Brazil! 🙏🏾😊

April Rocco
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I love it!

Susan Gardner
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I have 2 questions:

The lemon yellow in your limited palettes very intense and also in your video it seems very light? Am I hearing that correctly?

Also, because surfaces are important to color and brush strokes – is there something cheap that you would use for exercises?

Thank you Susan

I really love your class…

Natalie MontelongoNatalie Montelongo
    Keymaster
    Administrator Badge
    No points.

Jayson, we are glad to hear you enjoy the course and references. 🙂

Smudge
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Loved his portrait painting course — one of NMA’s best courses imo. Colour used to scare me; now it’s a little less scary. He explains things so well. Thank you, Joseph! (Also, have just seen the outline of “from paper to canvas” course — really looking forward to learning about how he paints figures. And keen for more figure painting tutorials in general. I find it quite hard finding figure painting tutorials online).

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.