NEW COURSE: Portrait Painting for Beginners with Joseph Todorovitch!

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Announcements NEW COURSE: Portrait Painting for Beginners with Joseph Todorovitch!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)
  • Author
    Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

We are thrilled to announce to the most structured and comprehensive portrait painting course ever produced.

Portrait Painting for Beginners with internationally renowned painter Joseph Todorovitch course includes over 40 hours of video instruction, 24 self-study assignments, 27 painting demos, a color mixing guide PDF, and over 100 downloadable reference images to paint from.

Joseph teaches you everything you need to know to start making masterful portraits, and features:

• Materials recommendations
    • How to stretch a canvas and prepare panels
    • How to work from photos (including analytical draw-overs) and from the live model
    • How to master the Anders Zorn Palette
    • How to finally nail color mixing
    • Color theory
    • Paint application
    • Posterization
    • Block-ins
    • Modeling
    • Brushwork
    • Resolve
    • And more!

This course leaves nothing to guesswork. Every concept is explained, demonstrated, and practiced until you have a handle on it, all presented in the format and quality that you have come to expect from New Masters Academy.

Premium Subscribers get even more with nearly 300 new portrait images now available in our massive image library. See my last announcement post for details.

NOTE: This course is suitable for beginners, but some drawing experience is recommended. This course can be followed along with using traditional media such as oil paints and acrylics, or digital painting applications.

• This topic was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo.
    Rodrigo Miranda
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi! This morning I tried to watch Joseph Todorovitch’s course, but in all the videos this message appears:

There was a problem providing access to protected content.(Error Code: 232403)

The strange thing is that I can see other teachers’ courses, but not this one.

What is the problem? Thank you!

Caleb Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Hi Rodrigo,

I’m sorry to hear you are having trouble accessing the course. Please email us at info at nma dot art so we can resolve this.

Thank you!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 8 months ago by Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo.
    Elke WeissElke Weiss
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Absolutely fantastic class. Wow. Thank you!

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

We are glad to hear you like it! This one was a long time coming!

Gordon Ray
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

This is a great course, really nicely shot, but sometimes the video freezes while the sound continues. If there is a hand in the frame its obvious that the video has stopped, but if the shot is just the picture being painted you don’t always realize that the video is frozen.

I haven’t had this problem with the older videos.

wolf_cub_onewolf_cub_one
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Joseph is really amazing.  I agree with others that this is a great course.

Would it be possible to get reference image of the actual model in 5. Long Pose Portrait Demo With Joseph Todorovitch?  The reference image for that section has images of another model which is great too but I wanted to try painting with the model that he used in his demo.

Dean Emmett
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I’m interested by wolf cub one’s comment. I’m watching the construction of the head course and would like to be able to draw the same imageS as Glenn Vilppu is drawing but can’t find them under the images. The same models are there but not the same images.

Matteo Lepore
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

That’s the reason why I’ve immediately subscribed to nma, Joseph teaching the basics of oil painting for portrait. That’s gold!!!

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Wolf cub, in this case the reference was of the artist’s family and minors rather than the usual professional models we use and at the time of production he didn’t make that available for use for students.

When this was produced I was out of the country and had I had been involved I probably would have suggested that we do something else instead but as it stands it was a question of whether to include the demos (it’s a reinforcement rather than an establishment of concepts) or cut them out. We chose to include them with alternative references so that you can follow along in terms of process if not stroke for stroke this time.

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Matteo,

Glad to hear it! Welcome. Remember that this course is just the tip of the iceberg (actually if we’re being accurate it’s really more like the tip of the tip of the tip). 👍🏼

wolf_cub_onewolf_cub_one
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

@joshuajacobo, thanks for the explanation and I’m glad you kept the demo.  Thanks again for the class!

• This reply was modified 3 years, 7 months ago by wolf_cub_onewolf_cub_one.
    noiro
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

On one of the early lessons (Drawing with oil paint or the grisaille lesson, I think) there was a caption suggesting to take a look at “Our Paper to Canvas course”. I couldn’t find one, has the lessons of the course been dispersed into other courses or something similar?

Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

The “from paper to canvas” course is in post production now. It’s coming soon.

Bafflermeal
    Participant
    No points.

This course really is great. It goes in depth more than any other course in person and prerecorded that I’ve seen. The references are top notch as always, too.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 38 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.