My Shared journey

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Start Here: Introduce Yourself! My Shared journey

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Tom Romaniuk
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I am Tom (32) and years ago I have been working for web design companies to make a living when moving to big city. In the end almost ended up living my dream by working for Codemasters in UK, as UI designer in my 20th. Even though not being accepted by Art university before that. I became sick and had to deal with serious life problems and sickness. My life seemed ending. I was desperate and sad. I decided to give up on my dream and from that moment on, my life took transtional road. I happened to live sustainable way of life, untill now. I sold my macbook, which I regret also untill now and I went to heal myself. That road showed me a lots of secrets that I might not be able otherwise to discover. I wanted to master new philosophical aspect of life that has been given to me. From web design companies I switched job and have been working for several years in supermarkets or cleaning toilets. Those simple jobs became learningful opportunity of professionality and appreciation of job itself. I was always best in working on my projects. I could concentrate days and days. And just producing. Be on my own. Do not deal with other distraction. Environment had to always adapt to me. I lacked flexibility. First I needed tablet to become a great artist- we all know this, right? But social skills were real problem for me. Causing me imbalance in my life. That even mastering drawing wont make me happy. That I wanted to change.

Loosing all the time and fun I could have spent within productive team on creating stories with drawings or concept art or whatever was a back side of it. Which I do regret a bit. And not in exchange of past several years. My passion for design and drawing has never gone away. I started to think, there must be again a way, how to be able to master it. How to keep motivation, passion for my dream despite the fact that my life has drastically changed, with having full time job and family responsible life. I belive in discipline, good planning one can do everything, without sacrificing important things that matters in life. There is only one way, to get that good at something. Really good. That there is nothing between. And no way back. What seemed firstly on beginning like imposible. Now I Start to see edges of reality, and be able to feel it. That there is a way. Since that I made a decision and went on another transition with clear goal in my mind. To master a drawing no matter what. And that s why I happened to live life I do now. In artistic way.

And I was thinking, If you like to share a progress with someone same level or less than yours? Do you like to see journey of your student mate, to be inspired or to learn something new? Do not hesitate to visit my patreon profile, support me there and leave some feedback. Some of your thoughts, that I can learn from. or to support other.

I will be very happy, that my effort behind the scene is not used for personal profit only. All the time and energy can be used to benefit others. That would be really great.

I am not doing to be able start doing, what I like to do, with others people support. No. I will do it anyway and find my way. But please read my journey in about section.

I think there many artists, people who wants to master drawing, who wants to do art or in general, good work. that satisfy them. but they go through difficulties, do not know to which source to trust, and dont want to waste any time. So where the hell go? what to do? How to start?

You know. I have been there too. and I wasnt the youngest at that time. with past behind my back of not been accepted by ART university and got on wrong track and wasted many years, untill this year, where I started to trust myself, made a plan and made a decision to do it on my own. learn how to draw and all other challenges that has come along with it.

I have full time job not as an artist. different job and it was really hard to maintain motivation up, inventive spirit, what next step will be. when I got home after working whole day, when people were taking naps, my real work was about to start.

it was hard, and I am grateful that it was like that. it challenged me to do something with my life I always wanted to do. without be selfish. ask patreon for money, quit my job and sit home drawing.

Sorry. It may piss lots of people off, by stating this. But its just my truth.

Anyways. I thought. Hey by continue what I am doing and working hard- which is always somehow rewarding, may be it an inspiration for other people going more and less through the same issues. other aspiting artist. And hey its a good way, how to get to know same thinkers. and be supported, hey, cool. I thought…

So I did it. I established my patreon, to have the place where my ideas, artworks will get into solid form and will be offered widely to other people. doing it for the others and whoever wants to support me. opposite from ,,earning- mentality,, as much as possible, to become finally ,,independent,, ha. how far from the true….

https://www.patreon.com/cyancristata

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.