My first ever landscape painting (acrylic)

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique My first ever landscape painting (acrylic)

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Jana Eicher
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi there!

I’m new to NWA and thought I’d share the last painting I did before joining. I have never done landscape paintings before and watched a few random YouTube tutorials to familiarise myself with some techniques, but it was really just for fun and not a technical piece by any means. I’d love any feedback on my baseline ‘ability’ and instinct. (The composition isn’t great, I know.) My goal is to equip myself with more technical skills via NWA in order to elevate my painting and hopefully get back into it long-term after a decade-long ‘break’ from painting.

Thanks,

Jana (Cape Town, South Africa)

My first landscape

TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Jana great that your painting again this landscape is fun and shows ability for fine detail and texture .

Stay safe

Tim

JanJan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Jana! You seem to be starting out with a great deal of ability! I agree with Tim about the wonderful detail and texture. I also love the color, and the composition seems strong. NMA is an amazing resource that will really help you grow. I look forward to seeing more of your work!

Nadezhda Mozhaeva
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Jana, you have a great start there. Acrylics I think make painting process more difficult, but this is to say everyone likes different things.  I hope you progressed on your class here and can look back a bit yourself.  I would say the level of details in background is excessive and it makes entire painting shimmer and eye does not know where to stop. I am sure you will be covering the level of details and aerial perspective in your classes to get that theoretical knowledge needed.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.