My first charcoal drawing

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique My first charcoal drawing

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    spiren
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello! I hope everyone has a healthy spring. It’s the first I drew out of the lesson. I drew this portrait on kraft paper with charcoal. I want to be able to drawing face better.

• This topic was modified 4 years ago by spiren.
    DaneThibeault
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Spiren!

This is a really nice drawing! I think you have just the right amount of detail, and your edge control is really good. The only thing that jumps out at me is that the neck looks quite long, especially because the subject is looking up, which would cause the back and back facing neck muscles to compress a bit more. Since this is such a nice drawing, you could always take it into photoshop and nudge the neck down a bit. Nice work though, and great stylistic choice with the craft paper!

Dane

erikdenneserikdennes
    Participant
    No points.

Great job!  How can you use the background more effectively to help accent the portrait?  Where could you lighten or darken it to help bring out the foreground more?

spiren
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you! If possible, I’ll fix it in Photoshop. Thinking about how to make a background. I’ll try and think about what you told me. I’m going to make it a little darker.I hope I can get better next time.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.