Muscles of the Face Study

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Muscles of the Face Study

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    JanJan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

This is an assignment from the Russian Academic Drawing Course and is based on the photograph of the Eliot Goldfinger cast. I loved this exercise as it required so much detail work. I rendered all areas of the face to a similar degree which is not what was recommended, but I felt that doing so helped me learn more about the anatomy. I really like Iliya’s drawing process as he worked around an image, and I want to try and incorporate it more into my own technique going forward.Muscles of the Face Study

katkat
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Jan

So cool! I want to draw this cast as well now. You did a really good job with it. I understand why it is not recommended to render everything to a similar degree. I want to try this, but it is difficult when you don’t really know the subject yourself too well.

NatashaNatasha
    Participant
    No points.

Oh wow! When I did this project, I was completely overwhelmed by all the detail. You did a great job!

JanJan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks Kat and Natasha! I don’t know how effective it is as a “finished” drawing, but I definitely learned a lot. I was overwhelmed at first, too. I spent way more time than I ever expected on this study, but I feel like it was worth it. In conjunction with the Russian Academic Drawing Course I’ve been working in Netter’s Anatomy Coloring Book, and I also refer to the Anatomy Standard website to help clarify and reinforce the information. I felt so frustrated when I started trying to learn anatomy. Slowly but surely, it’s starting to sink in although it will take a lifetime to really understand it. I can really see how important knowledge of bone and muscle structure is as a foundation as I look back at old drawings of mine when I was just trying to fake it!

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

This is fantastic Jan 🙂

TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

More amazing drawing  inspiring

Tim

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.