Massive Course Updates: More Structure, More Assignments, More Mastery

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Announcements Massive Course Updates: More Structure, More Assignments, More Mastery

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Caleb Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Beginner’s Guide to Drawing | UPDATED

The Beginner’s Guide to Drawing is a 12-week course designed to empower new students with a structured approach for learning how to draw. Join instructors Steve Huston, Chris Legaspi, Heather Lenefski, Bill Perkins, and Mark Westermoe as you learn the fundamentals of perspective, rendering, and composition. After completing this course, you will develop a solid foundation in drawing. Start Streaming

• 17+ Hours of video instruction
    • 150+ High-quality reference images
    • 15 Interactive 3D-models*
    • 12 Downloadable assignment PDFs with 23 assignments
    • Downloadable materials PDF and instructor handout PDF

Introduction to Materials | UPDATED

In this 8-week course, instructor Sheldon Borenstein shares his experience as a professional artist to help you better understand the uses of major drawing and painting media. He gives demonstrations on the same subjects, using different mediums like graphite, charcoal, markers, and many more, in order to compare and contrast their characteristics. After completing this course, you will have a general understanding of the most popular art mediums. Start Streaming

• 7+ Hours of video instruction
    • 14 High-quality reference images
    • 8 Downloadable assignment PDFs with 17 assignments
    • Downloadable materials PDF

Introduction to Photoshop | UPDATED

During this 9-week course, instructor Chris Legaspi teaches you the fundamentals of Photoshop. You will learn through valuable lessons with in-depth demonstrations and beneficial assignments. After completing the course, you will be able to edit photo references and photos of your artwork. You will also be proficient at sketching, painting from scratch, and creating color comp by mastering the basic tools of Photoshop. Start Streaming

• 19+ Hours of video instruction
    • 39 High-quality reference images
    • 9 Downloadable assignment PDFs with 17 assignments

Fundamentals of Observational Drawing | UPDATED

In this 8-week course, instructor Iliya Mirochnik will share with you his knowledge of the Russian Drawing Approach; a technique that has remained nearly unaltered in Russia for over 250 years. It is an excellent tool for learning the fundamentals of observation, construction, and light theory. With the help of Iliya’s intuitive assignments, 3D models, and reference images, this course will give you a strong drawing foundation. The skills you gain from this course will benefit you through your artistic career. Start Streaming

• 11 Hours of video instruction
    • 66 High-quality reference images
    • 4 Interactive 3D models*
    • 8 Downloadable assignment PDFs with 21 assignments
    Bafflermeal
    Participant
    No points.

I dunno why this isn’t being lauded more, but it should be. The easiest thing would have been to let this material go out of date but you guys went an extra mile and updated stuff. It’s why NMA continues to be at the top of my list for reference and streaming art instruction places.

Cary CurtissCary Curtiss
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

This is fantastic. Thank you!!

NatashaNatasha
    Participant
    No points.

Now there’s not enough lifetime to learn it all! I noticed with the restructuring, the links on the drawing certificate PDF the Sheldon Borenstein figure drawing links don’t work any more (there could me more). Is the certificate program changing?

Thanks! I’m loving it all!

eikfrank
    Participant
    No points.

I do not think that number of hours should be an advertising point. Two or three-digit number of hours courses unless it is very to the point is a bad thing. I am not here to waste my life watching hundreds or maybe thousands of hours of videos. I am here to learn to draw and paint as quickly as possible. Yes, I know it will take time, a lot of time. Since it will take a lifetime to learn and I only have one life then please if possible keep the videos as to the point as possible. Or make a fast track for those like me.

Magnar Jarle Olsen
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Eikfrank – If the videos were poor I would agree, but for me, learning to draw from the most basic and gradually more advanced help me get rid of some bad habits, and when I feel I don’t evolve I might skip a few lessons and maybe take another course that better helps me with my weak points. As long as I make sure I am not quitting to avoid resistance or stick to doing things I already think I know. Being patient, diligent and thorough with the most basics, and perhaps tedious, skills will make your learning so much faster and rewarding down the line. Of course you cannot follow everything, you have to choose a course or three and stick with it.

Well, that was just my perspective, for what it is worth.

AmandaAmanda
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you for continuing to provide the best art education possible—and online, no less!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.