Martine’s just keeping it casual challenge

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Martine’s just keeping it casual challenge

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author
    Martine (Ebi)Martine (Ebi)
    Participant
    No points.

I had to take a break from NMA classes/drawing/uhm… life? because I’ve been burning out again badly due to circumstances…

But I feel like it’s time to get back to it again. So, I’m kicking off with a very casual, just for fun “daily (gouache) painting from life” challenge for 100 days.

It’s just to loosen up a bit and to get my brain into the habit of showing up to create art again.

Really, the focus is to just have fun with these paintings (so, especially for the first 30 or so paintings, expect lots of bad colour choices/slapped on backgrounds… lighting, perspective and proportions that challenge the rules of physics and so on :sweat_smile: ) .

But, don’t worry.. In the background I’ll be continuing my NMA course plan and at some point I’ll start integrating what I learn/practice into the paintings :slight_smile:

I’m still looking for a good phone/camera tripod/holder so I can join the discord “draw together” channel… and, once I find it, that’ll also be part of the challenge. To show up every day 🙂

I’m using Schmincke Akademie gouache. I have 13 colours at the moment, but for each painting I try to stick to 1-4 colours + white.  I will try to write down for each painting which colours I used… but not all colours are single pigment, so the names don’t really mean anything in my opinion :shrug:

Here are yesterday and today’s paintings:

Day 1:

Alllll the colours (first time using them, so of course I had to put every colour onto the palette and make swatches… I only ended up using 5 or so for this paining but can’t remember which except for magenta, black and phtalo green).

Painting of a grey watering can with light pink handle.

Day 2:
    Indian Yellow, Ultramarine Blue, Primary Cyan, Vermillion.

And here is what I was trying to paint today 😉

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.