Luka’s Sketchbook

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Sketchbooks Luka’s Sketchbook

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author
    Luka ArhLuka Arh
    Participant
    No points.

Hi all,

I’ve decided to jump in and create my own sketchbook. It’s weird using the forums again after so long. But it’s basically how I started all those 15 or so years ago. Long time.
    Anyway, I’ll be posing my studies, drawings, personal works and whatever else I create in this sketchbook.

I’ve been drawing on and off over the years. Jumped around 3d and 2d, illustration, animation etc. I really want to stick to it this time too and not give up when things get hard. So far so goo, thing’s are already tough since anatomy is extra hard. But nevertheless I avoided studying it in depth so here we go.

Ilya’s Leg Anatomy Lesson. Now on to the assignments!

Ilya's Leg Anatomy Lesson

Michel
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Luka,

You made the right decision, we never know enough about anatomy, it is a tedious work but it’s paying-off at the end. You already have a great knowledge about it, keep up the good work, it might even encourage me to start mine.

Michel.

Luka ArhLuka Arh
    Participant
    No points.

Thanks Michael,
    I appreciate you stopping by and your kind words.  Yes anatomy is super extra hard. So many things to learn and yet the beauty is in it’s complexity. One can really appreciate how magnificent a human body is.

The most tedious thing for me is not really anatomy but my impatience. By joining NMA I’m learning how much I need to chill and just do the work. I keep reminding myself that it’s OK if it takes time and if I see mistakes in my drawings after I do them. It’s hard but I’m sure I can get there.

Ilya’s assignment (and a bit more) for bones of the leg. Drawn from the 3d model.

SuCVSuCV
    Participant
    No points.

Wow, nice work!! This is something I always say I am going to do and never seem to get down to.   Beautiful detailed work, I will be interested to see the impact this has on your work.  Inspiring!

Susan

LEWIS MACKENZIELEWIS MACKENZIE
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Damn, these are awesome! Can’t wait to see more!

Luka ArhLuka Arh
    Participant
    No points.

Heya,
    @ Susan: Thanks! Yes I’ve been putting this off for like 15 years so, don’t feel bad, haha. It’s a very difficult task and like I said legs for me were always the most challenging. But you just gotta jump in if you want to get to work. 🙂
    @ Lewis: Thanks man, I appreciate your enthusiasm. It really helps me to stay on track and keep on pushing forward.

Muscle outlines for the Leg. Powering through.

Muscles of the leg - outline

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Luka ArhLuka Arh.
    Luka ArhLuka Arh
    Participant
    No points.

Legs from reference done.

Don Xu
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Love the shading, makes the muscles look all distinct!

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Nice Work Luka

Luka ArhLuka Arh
    Participant
    No points.

Thanks guys!

Legs drawn and names from memory. Then looked at previous studies and made the corrections/added the missing name of Plantaris on top with red. Pretty satisfied with the information I retained so far.

Luka ArhLuka Arh
    Participant
    No points.

Twas a crazy week last week. Barely any time to draw, but I managed to finish these up.

Luka ArhLuka Arh
    Participant
    No points.

Part 2 of the knee area. Posterior and Medial view. Done with the legs…for now.

Meghana Kamath
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Luka!

I actually am yet to start studying anatomy but I just wanted to say these are amazing!

Luka ArhLuka Arh
    Participant
    No points.

Thanks Meghana!

A break from anatomy and into homework for the live class How to paint hair with Ilya.
    Week 1

lisa Jørgensen
    Participant
    No points.

Really nice to see your work collected like this! I want to do the same 🙂 Make my own scetchbook.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.