Lucas’ 100 days of head drawing studies

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Lucas’ 100 days of head drawing studies

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)
  • Author
    Lucas LacerdaLucas Lacerda
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 14

Today was a really productive day. I spent a lot of time watching lectures from Ilya’s Anatomy of the head and neck course and also drawing some skulls and bones. It’s awesome how anatomy can complement the structural studies. I feel like I’m getting to a deeper level of knowledge with head drawing.

First I drew the cranial and facial bones (only those that affect the external aspect of the skull), then I moved to a cephalometric points study and wraped up with some skull drawings from observation (photoshop) and from imagination (toned paper).

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 15

Yesterday I made some quick head drawings from observation and also from imagination.

Graphite is such a terrible media to scan. But I think it’s still better than it would be if I had taken pictures, since I had no proper lighting.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 16

Today I also did some quick head drawings from observation, this time using photoshop.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 17

Today I watched the last classes from Renaissance head drawing and focused on the last assignment. First I did some 5 minute warm-up drawings (graphite on toned paper) and then some 45 minute ones (sanguine and conté white crayon on toned paper).

I also had the chance to draw some people on the subway today. It was a really fun experience to do these quick studies from life.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 18

Today I spent the entire day focusing on some personal projects, but I managed to do this quick drawing of an orcish elder from imagination. It took about 25min

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 19

Today’s been a really good day. In the past months I spent too much time studying and watching classes, but I didn’t really dedicated any time at all to creation. So I decided to focus on some personal concept art projects, designing characters and environment. This is my first attempt at creating a character. He’s an orc druid. Here is my ideation for the head/face and also some head turnarounds (still in progress).

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 20

At this day I drew just a few sketches. I wanted to know if I could remember all the important bones of the skull and draw them from imagination. I did only a profile view, but I was happy to see that I could already do it from imagination in a satisfactory way.

The second drawing is from a guy in the subway

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 21

Today I focused on head anatomy exercises, mainly on the muscles of the head. I did a drawing based on goldfinger’s cadaver head, which is an assignment of Ilya’s anatomy of the head and neck course. After that, I spent some time creating more refined sketches of my orcish character, as well as more positions in the head turnaround.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 22

At this day I continued the goldfinger’s cadaver head study, drawing it in another position

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 23

At this day I started the 3rd week of Ilya’s anatomy of the head and neck course, which is focused on the shoulder girdle bones. I did some studies from observation, drawing bones such as the clavicles, the sternum and the scapula in different angles

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 24

Today I took a break from the assignments and spent some time focusing on personal projects. As I posted some days ago, I’m creating a character, and here is the beginning of the rendering phase.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 25

Today I had the chance to keep studying the anatomy of the shoulder girdle. This is also a part for Anatomy of the head and neck course.

It was kind of shocking for me to learn that our first ribs are so high towards the neck. I had never paid close attention to that before and thought that all ribs were totally beneath the clavicle level.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 26

Today I did some quick studies from imagination trying to draw the bones of the shoulder girdle, mainly the scapula and the clavicles

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 27

At this day I kept studying the soulder girdle bones, doing some more drawings from imagination. This time the goal was to draw all the bones together.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 28 & 29

After studying the bones of the shoulder girdle, I did another assignment for Anatomy of the head and neck course, with a drawing focused on the muscles. The drawing was based on Goldfinger’s cadaver head model.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 69 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.