John Asaro Painting Approach: Analysis and Overview

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion John Asaro Painting Approach: Analysis and Overview

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this demonstration, master artist John Asaro shares his approach to creating brilliant, lively works of art while painting a female nude. John begins with an analysis of student art, Old Master works, contemporary art, and his own pieces to illustrate his key concepts behind bringing life to his paintings.

Materials

• Reducing Glass
    • Handheld Mirror
    • Mahl Stick (or Wooden Dowel)
    • Viva Paper Towel
    • Projector
    • 3′ Square Cardboard Box Painted Black
    • Green Gel
    • Stretched Canvas
    • Hogs Hair Bristle Brushes
    • Artists Grade Oil Colors
    • Linseed Oil
    • Graphite Pencil
    Jennifer Kayes
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I listened to the Plein Air Podcast when Mark Fehlman.  He mentioned that he started painting because he would see the dynamic paintings of John Asaro at a gallery near his office.

Victor Esquivel
    Participant
    No points.

These lessons are gold. It’s what convinced me to get the subscription for NMA (watched on YouTube). I don’t think I will ever draw another stiff pose in my life. Thx for the lessons John Asaro.

Amanda Admin
    No badges. No points.

So glad to hear you are enjoying the lesson! I will pass your feedback along to our management team 🙂

christine
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

great lecture and important point that i will not forget.

Why is there a materials list on the course outline?

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

What do you mean? If you want to follow along with the long demo those are the materials John uses. If you’re just doing the lecture portion there’s no need.

Wayne Studio
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

So far on the first lesson very enjoying this course as I’m taking the basic Anatomy course from Steve Huston, this course takes on  another step to learn about art and understand the beautiful art form!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.