Introduction to Acrylic Paint

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Introduction to Acrylic Paint

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this lesson, you will learn to paint with acrylics and achieve a quick drying result. Acrylic paint is designed to have some properties of oil paint and watercolor. To begin, instructor Sheldon Borenstein introduces you to his palette. Then, he demonstrates the medium on basic shapes and landscape.

This lesson belongs to the course Introduction to Materials. In this 8-week course, Sheldon Borenstein shares his experience as a professional artist to help you better understand the uses of major drawing and painting media. He gives demonstrations on the same subjects, using different mediums like graphite, charcoal, markers and many more, in order to compare and contrast their characteristics. After completing the course, you will have a general understanding of the most popular art mediums.

Throughout this course, you’ll have access to the NMA community for feedback and critiques to improve your work as you progress.

Margot Rubensi
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I would have loved to hear more WHY he does it. I found him quite funny and entertaining, great to paint along, but I don’t feel like I learned much out of what I should DELIBERATELY do.Expcept the rembrandt technique and ‘having fun with it’

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Hi Margot, some of the more advanced course delve into the “why” a lot more. Steve Huston is great at explaining theory. You could also search “acrylic” and watch some of those videos. Or scroll up, click the “Discuss on Discord” and find the materials or help-for-beginners channel, and our community of 5k+ students and professionals will help you.

You can also post specific questions here and I will try my best to help.

🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.