Interview with Miles Yoshida

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Interview with Miles Yoshida

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this episode, sculptor and NMA program director Johanna Schwaiger will be interviewing Miles Yoshida, an outstanding draftsman and sculptor from Long Beach, CA. Miles will be sharing with you his use of ink for crosshatching, his creative routine, and the story behind his famous hand portraits. You will learn how his sculpting and drawing careers influence one another. Miles will also speak about his main inspirations from the past, such as Michelangelo, Albrecht DurerLeonardo Da Vinci, Katsushika Hokusai, Tsuguharu Foujita, and many more.

This episode belongs to the podcast Path to Mastery. In this series, Johanna Schwaiger will be interviewing professionals in different visual art fields. Each artist will share their art practice, creative stories, and career advice to help inspire you. Whether you want to become a full-time studio artist or work for large production companies, these motivational episodes will give you the valuable insights that prepare you for your upcoming mastery.

Harim Kim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

It was mentioned that Miles Yoshida finished filming with New Masters Academy, a course that covers pen, brush, and ink right, like a whole course from beginners exercises to more advanced exercises.
    When will the course be released? I can’t express how bad I want to take the course haha

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Hi Harim, we don’t have a definitive release date set yet, but it is currently in our pipe line 🙂

teresmajor
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I know Miles’ work from Instagram before he joined NMA, which was great news for me. I have a special love for Fountain pen and ink drawings, and my favorite courses on NMA is steve huston’s fountain pen sketchbook series and I’m so looking for this course as well!

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.