How to draw people realistically out of your imagination…

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique How to draw people realistically out of your imagination…

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Pamela Jones
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello yall! I am an amateur artist and my goal is to be able to draw realistically from my imagination. I just have these paintings “in my head” that I want to paint but don’t know how – I don’t have a lot of access to live models. There are so many courses, I’m not sure which one would give me this kind of knowledge. Any suggestions? Thanks!!

• This topic was modified 11 months, 2 weeks ago by Pamela Jones.
    barbjcc
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I think before diving into drawing from imagination, it’s essential to build a strong foundation in drawing fundamentals. Look for courses or resources that focus on topics such as line, shape, form, value, perspective, and proportions. These core skills will provide you with the necessary tools to create realistic drawings. There are numerous online platforms that offer art courses and tutorials. Websites like Udemy, Skillshare, and Coursera have a wide range of art classes taught by experienced artists. Look for courses that align with your specific goals, such as drawing from imagination or realistic rendering. Moreover, look for instructional books on drawing techniques, figure drawing, anatomy, and developing a visual library. Some popular recommendations include “Drawing on the Right Side of the Brain” by Betty Edwards and “Figure Drawing for All It’s Worth” by Andrew Loomis.

• This reply was modified 7 months, 3 weeks ago by barbjcc.
Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.