Hi y’all! (French girl living in Texas!)

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Start Here: Introduce Yourself! Hi y’all! (French girl living in Texas!)

Tagged: 

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Isabelle DrielIsabelle Driel
    Participant
    No points.

Hello all,
    my name is Isabelle. I am a French girl who ended up living in Texas, at the mexican border.
    I started taking drawing class a few years ago but I am frustrated by my very slow progress. I heard about NMA and decided to give it a try!

I received the guide of courses and I see that Comics and animation are two tracks with the pending status. These are the two fields i am actually interested in. Which track would you recommend to me?
    Thanks!!

Elena RudykhElena Rudykh
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Isabelle, I am Elena, and I am a Russian girl living….. also in Texas! I used to enjoy drawing /painting when I was younger 😉 Now I work in IT and enjoy that as well BUT do need to balance it out with art so I went ahead and started these classes. Right now I am brushing up on my drawing skills, and I will decide later what to do with them lol.

To answer your question, I would say you should just explore, and you might discover some new paths while you are taking these classes. Animation is used in so many different areas, it might really help you find a great job if that is one of your goals.

Participant
    No points.

Thank you for answering, Helena!

Good luck to you in Texas and in your studies!

Daniel NorrisDaniel Norris
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Texas!? I just moved from the Dallas area to Arkansas. (But my family’s all in TX, so we’re there all the time)

Start by checking out the live courses that are currently going, Isabelle. I just joined 3 weeks ago, and I’m doing the beginning drawing class (starts tomorrow), the Intro to Animal Anatomy, Renaissance Head Drawing, Fundamentals of Drawing & Perspective, and Complete Human Anatomy. All of those either just started last week (believe you can still enroll and catch up, since everything is recorded and available online) or, in the case of 2 of them, are starting this week.

My ultimate goal is to get into oil painting, but it feels like starting with the basics is the right approach, may work for you too. Also, check out the discord. These forums are kind of dead, but Discord is where everyone talks.  (You can see the link to it at the top of this page ^). There are separate discord channels for every class, so you can hang out with other people and get feedback on assignments and such.

live.nma.art <– live classes (no idea how to make that a hyperlink, but just pop it in your browser)

Participant
    No points.

Oh, thanks Daniel!

I have to admit that I didn’t know about these live classes! 😅

I signed up for the beginning drawing, because I have been taking this one anyway.
    Thanks again!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.