Help! I need to know what courses are recommended for a certain style of art!

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art Discussion Drawing Help! I need to know what courses are recommended for a certain style of art!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author
    Josh Cardon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello everyone! I’m new to NMA and i’m really liking all the content so far! There’s so much material that it’s causing me to have one issue. I don’t know where to start. I feel like i have a decent grasp of fundamentals but i want to start drawing what i love now. I am heavily inspired by renessaince and pin up girls. Paul Rubins the three graces, and the beautiful pin ups of gil elvgren. I just want to know what courses i should start for a semi-intermediate artist. I see many courses but it’s so overwhelming to choose lol. Here is some examples of the art i dream of achieving!

ren

DaneThibeault
    Participant
    No points.

Hey Josh,

I totally see where you are coming from, and honestly I think you would really enjoy Mark Westermoe’s Reilly method courses, as well as Glen Vilppu’s figure drawing courses. Glen even has some helpful stand alone videos here on NMA where he breaks down some of Ruben’s drawings, so those are definitely worth a look as well. Another great set is Steve Huston’s advanced head drawing courses, which have lessons on drawing idealized male and female heads and hairstyles. Hope this was useful!

Dane

Josh Cardon
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you Mr.Dane! I’m super duper excited to begin my long but fun (and sometimes stressful) journey!

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.