Hello, from Nashville!

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Start Here: Introduce Yourself! Hello, from Nashville!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Beth BarnardBeth Barnard
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I look forward to spending many hours at my computer watching NMA videos, especially during these Covid days of hunkering down and even bought some blue lens computer glasses in preparation. Here is my response to the recent challenge to do a self-portrait:

February marked my third year learning to sculpt on a whim at 63. I only wish sculpting had been on my radar earlier in life. So far I’ve been to a lot of Open Studios but have only taken one official in-person lesson. Within the last year, I’ve ordered a workshop video on learning how to make a skull with Andrew Cawrse and have taken a video course on anatomy from Amelia Rowcraft’s masterclass series.

Meeting the recent challenge of sculpting a self-portrait at 66 is a rather humbling experience, as we’re all used to seeing stellar sleek models, but instead of getting hung-up on vanity (of which I have plenty), I decided to think of the extra marks of aging as an artistic challenge and included the extra long Covid non-haircut. No mask though and am just glad that I only have to sculpt my head, lol.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Welcome. You’re in the right place! Please share your progress with the community as you progress!

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.