Hello from Liverpool, UK

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Start Here: Introduce Yourself! Hello from Liverpool, UK

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi everyone. I’ve recently graduated from art school, I graduated with highest possible grade but have felt no sense of achievement as they only taught abstract and conceptual concepts. Now, I believe the hard work begins! I’m now having to make up for lost time and teach myself the things that I discouraged from learning at university (figurative and realist art). I saved enough money to quit my rubbish warehouse job and will take something part time when the pandemic dies down. For now though I have all the time to focus on seriously learning art from the ground up. I just dream of pursuing art full time and want it to be my lifestyle. I’ve been practising for 8-10 hours a day for some weeks and seem some improvement and will continue to do so. I hope these courses will really step up my game and help me reach my goals. I’ve set myself the timeline/ goal to at least be partially sustaining myself from art or working as an illustrator in any shape or form at the end of 2 years.

also I’ve signed up for premium which said there were lesson attachments/ extra materials but I’m not sure how to access them, any direction would be great.

I hope everyone is keeping safe and keeping things positive through their art in these pressing times.

Best,

Alex Rooke

Christopher
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Alex,

I can really relate to what you are saying. That’s basically what I aim to achieve for myself. For me and my personal situation art school wasn’t even possible because it isn’t/wasn’t affordable for me. Besides that most schools I researched are in generel like what you are describing and not really places where you learn what you need for what you want to do …

So I really hope that you, or even better both of us are getting some progress towards our goals through NMA.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi @christopher

Yes, fortunately in the UK we have student loans companies that make it a possibility, I now owe 60k with interest!!!!!!! :'(

In this sense you are quite lucky as you can teach yourself at a fraction of the cost online! Also, you’ve wasted no time at all and can get straight to the useful stuff so feel happy for that 🙂

I hope you also achieve your goals in the end, thank you for your well wishes

best,

Alex

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Welcome, Alex. You sound incredibly dedicated and I’m sure your progress will be dramatic. Please share your work here on the community.

References are found in the tabs under the videos on each video lesson page and also you get access to the 3d models and image areas that you can find from the main menu.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Joshua,

thank you for your warm welcome and also thank you for assisting me with the references. I will be sure to submit progress to the community.

I hope you are keeping well,

kind regards,

Alex

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.