Gesture and Structure II

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Gesture and Structure II

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Carlos Perez
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey guys I’ve been studying the Figure drawing course of Master Teacher Steve Huston.

I’d like to get some feedback on the way gesture is shown, do the drawings look fluid/natural?, the shadow shapes read well ?, what could be improved in terms of structure ?, Thanks in advance .

Hanan Youssef
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Looks really good, especially the last two in charcoal, I think that’s a good medium for you.

I love the gesture here and the character being brought to life! Really nice pictures!!

Sometimes you should focus more on molding two shapes together more seamlessly, like in the calf on the first picture; they don’t have to be perfect circles and cylinders, they can be a literal hybrid, and cross contour around that hybrid, or find the angular edge where its more “boxy” and use that to establish which way the cross contours go.

Also, maybe pay attention to the perspective on feet.

Just some amateur advice! Keep up the great work!!

Leo Di Fraia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Definitely captured a sense of motion with these. I enjoy your last one the most. Feels like an animation in between because of the missing hands and feet.

Carlos Perez
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Yeah Youssef , i’ll focus on my structure, binding my shapes and keeping my perspective as well. Good feedback ::)

Carlos Perez
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey Leo , Thanks, glad u liked it

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.