Gave me joy during dark days

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Testimonials Gave me joy during dark days

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    JeanetteMinnichJeanetteMinnich
    Participant
    No points.

Music Personified

I subscribed to New Master’s when it was just beginning.  I’m retired military and have always been an art hobbiest.  I took a couple sculpture classes when I retired to Loveland, Colorado, but didn’t finish many things because my children were going through school and so many other activities took precedence.  Two years ago I was diagnosed with Stage IV cancer, just before the pandemic began.  There have been some very tough times in those couple of years, but when I was stuck in a chair many hours a day due to treatments, I went to the NMA site and took on one of the challenges.  I can’t say that I completed it, but I can say that it gave me something to look forward to doing each day that felt joyful.  The sculpture above I began 20 years ago, and would drag it out every five years or so and push the arms around and adjust the pose (I did this so many times, the right arm fell off)!  While there are many imperfections in my dancer, I did watch some of the anatomy classes so I could make her a little better.  With the help of many friends, I finally got her cast and installed in my yard, where I can feel like I made a small artistic mark on the world.  I wish I had the time and energy to make use of all the wonderful lessons that have been added over the years.  I wish this had been possible 45 years ago when I was in college.  But I am so glad that young artists (and old artists with time and passion) have this resource.  It is a wonderful gift for artists of all kinds.  Thanks for your vision.

JackJack
    Participant
    No points.

Hello Jeanette,

The picture of your sculpture immediately caught my eye – it’s beautiful. I’m sure it brings much joy to those who see it in your garden. I am sorry to read that you have had a difficult time. I can only hope art continues to provide some measure of therapy and that you continue to share your work, I’d certainly like to see it.

Wishing you all the best

Caleb Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Dear Jeanette,

I’m filled with joy and inspiration from your wonderful story. Thank you for sharing. We began NMA to serve people like yourself who, for whatever reason, find it difficult to attend traditional art school or classes. The fact that our learning platform helped water the seeds of creativity in your heart, and helped you finish your sculpture, is validation for all of our efforts. Your creative mark has indeed been made, and it will be remembered by everyone who sees it, and especially by myself and us here at New Masters Academy. Please continue to update us on your artistic journey.

All the best,

Caleb Jacobo

COO of New Masters Academy

wolf_cub_onewolf_cub_one
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Dear Jeanette,

Beautiful sculpture.  It’s a great accomplishment.

Those that know you will have wonderful thoughts and memories of you every time they see it.

Best Wishes

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.