Figure Drawing | Part 3: Box Forms

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Figure Drawing | Part 3: Box Forms

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this highly-anticipated series, master draftsman Glenn Vilppu shares with you his approach to figure drawing. Each lesson will cover a new stage in Glenn’s process, including: Gesture, Spherical Forms, Box Forms, Cylindrical Forms, Basic Procedure, Modeling Tone, Direct Lighting, and Atmosphere. In this first lesson of the series, Glenn covers the basic foundation of figure drawing: capturing the gesture. Glenn begins with a comprehensive lecture, followed by analyses of gesture in Old Master works. Glenn will then illustrate these concepts in several demonstrations, using a variety of different tools. Next, you will get a chance to apply what you’ve learned in a timed figure drawing assignment. The lesson will conclude with Glenn’s approach to the assignment, allowing you to compare your work with his.

Materials

• CarbOthello Pencil – Burnt Sienna
    • General’s Layout Pencil
    • Faber-Castell Polychromos Pencil – Sanguine and Black
    • Namiki Falcon Fountain Pen
    • Pentel Water Brush
    • Blending Stump
    davemills1212
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello. Please clarify if you can. The man’s hip in #4 is higher on his left side, as is his shoulder. Is this correct?  I have watched your view/explanation of the orientation and do not see with understanding. I have made myself blocks to represent the ribs and hip to visualize this.  Dave

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.