Figure Drawing in Colored Pastels

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Figure Drawing in Colored Pastels

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this lesson, instructor George Pratt will show you how to create expressive figure drawings using colored pastels. You will begin by looking at George’s pastel artwork for inspiration. Then, George will illustrate his approach to colored pastels. You will learn to start with a light and a dark color; from there, slowly introduce temperature shifts to enhance the complexity of the drawing.

This lesson belongs to the course Pastel Figure Drawing. In this 5-week course, George Pratt will teach you how to draw the figure with pastels. You will be introduced to the importance of silhouette and visual landmarks while looking at examples of pastel artworks by the instructor. George will show you his unique approach to gesture drawing. You will learn how to capture the spirit of the poses using light, dark, and colored pastels on toned papers. After this course, you will be able to create drawings with only big shapes yet still carry excellent rhythms and arrangements.

Throughout this course, you’ll have access to the NMA community for feedback and critiques to improve your work as you progress.

Kevin Gregory-EvansKevin Gregory-Evans
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I’m following this course right now. I’d like to ask what George uses to fix his pastel paintings? I’ve used spray fixatives but they don’t work very well. Thanks.

Lee Furlong
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I’d like to second Kevin’s question RE fixatives

Julius Danziger
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

How do I log in to this course?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.