Error loading media

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Website Suggestions and Wish List Error loading media

Tagged: 

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)
  • Author
    StewartSutherland
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Apologies if this isn’t quite the place to post, but I’ve been a member of NMA for some months now and never really had an issue with watching the videos on it. Just the morning however, I was watching Karl Gnass and when it came time to load the second video of the lesson, I received an error that read “Error loading media: File could not be played.”

Since then I’ve tried a different browser and gone back to previous videos I watched last night, but still, no joy. Has anyone else gotten this problem?

PatriciaPatricia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I also have this problem, video’s stop an give an error and there is no way to get them playing. I also tried different browsers but no luck.

Jean-Philippe
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I found a workaround for this issue, on Firefox but it could work on other browsers. Just type Ctrl-F5 to erase the cache of the browser, and click on “Continue” on the refreshed NMA page.

Hope it helps.

Caleb Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

@StewartSutherland Sorry you are having this problem! Please provide me with some additional information so we can look into it:

1. Are you having trouble with ALL videos or just some?
    2. Please paste the URL to those lessons having problems, note the chapter that is having the error, and let me know what error text is being given.
    3. What sort of device/browser are you using?

Thank you for bringing this to our attention. We’ll try and get it corrected as soon as possible.

Caleb Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

@pdmdekker Are you getting this error on all videos or just on certain lessons? Also, what sort of device/browser are you using?

PatriciaPatricia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi all,

Thanks very much for your answers, I have been able to watch the video’s by clearing the cache and pressing F5 and reloading. I have tried different browsers (Chrome, Firefox, Edge, Opera)

It doesn’t happen with all videos so I suspect it also might have something to do with my internet connection being a bit shaky sometimes.

However it does always happen after I pause a video and start it again, it plays for a few seconds and then shows the error. When I replay the video from the start and skip forward it does work.

Hope this helps debugging the problem.

Thanks
    Patricia

perpendiculaaperpendiculaa
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I’m having this issue on all videos, using Chrome and Safari. I use NMA in China, an VPN can fix this problem. But is there a better solution?

Natalie MontelongoNatalie Montelongo
    Keymaster
    Administrator Badge
    No points.

Hi, Perpendicula! I’m sorry that you are having trouble watching the videos. We are aware of issues like this occurring with some of our students in China and we are working on a technical solution. I have some test links that I will send to your email soon. Please try theses links and see if they improve the situation. Thank you for being a member of New Masters Academy!

perpendiculaaperpendiculaa
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi, Natalie! Thanks for replying! Sorry I miss your email. I tried the link you gave me, there still show an error: player.vimeo.com response time is too long. And also, VPN can fix this. As far as I know, vimeo do blocked by Chinese gov.

chous.thp
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello,

can’t play media

Russian Drawing Course Part 1: Materials & Set-Up with Iliya Mirochnik

Almost all videos i have problem playing

All the videos in the playlist. I just signed up today.

Using Chrome Browser on desktop. From Indonesia.

Best,

Caleb Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Hi chous.thp!

I’m sorry you are having trouble with this. Could you please email me at caleb @ newmastersacademy . org or submit a ticket (https://www.nma.art/contact-us/) with your operating system, its version, and the version of Chrome you are using. We will do our best to get this sorted out for you quickly.

Cheers,

Caleb

lomblers
    Participant
    No points.

Seems to be systematic. I’m from Australia  and see the same problem from time to time. I’m on Safari, resolves if I restart the iPad.

Natalie MontelongoNatalie Montelongo
    Keymaster
    Administrator Badge
    No points.

Hello, lomblers! Please use Chrome or Firefox, as the website is best compatible with those browsers. 🙂

Thank you.

krnes2091
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

When I try to watch a video this appears:   “Error loading media: File could not be played.”

This message appears to me practically in all the videos that I have not watched yet, with the ones I’ve already watched I don’t have this problem.

I have changed my browser, I have deleted all the browsing data, I have even opened my account from my cell phone and the exact same result happens. I still can not play anything new.

I’m using Chrome Browser on desktop an cellphone. I’m in Mexico.

I hope you can help me. Thank you.

bothblairs
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I get that message occasionally too. I usualy have to close the browser (firefox) and restart the video

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 24 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.