Elena’s 100 Day Challenge : Figure and anatomy drawing

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Elena’s 100 Day Challenge : Figure and anatomy drawing

Viewing 14 posts - 181 through 194 (of 194 total)
  • Author
    ELENA BRIOLLET
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 94 (left hand, except for the face):

ELENA BRIOLLET
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 95 (left-handed drawing of my right hand):

erikdenneserikdennes
    Participant
    No points.

Looks like you have a pretty good brace there.  I hope you are doing better and the exercises have helped.  Be patient, it takes quite a while to heal from this.  When you are wearing the brace, make sure you are not doing anything with your right hand because you can tend to fight the brace which makes things worse.  It is best to wear the brace at night for that reason, but as long as you don’t do anything with your right hand, you should be OK.  After you start healing, the most difficult thing is to stop doing the activities that were causing the carpel tunnel in the first place.  I had to retrain my pencil and brush grip, and when I mixed paints I tended to use my wrist instead of elbow, so you have to be very conscious of that stuff for a while.  I still tend to grip a pen way too tightly when I am doing very precise pen work.  Even doing things like washing windows where I had to squeeze a cleaner bottle repeatedly would give me troubles even after I was fairly well healed up.  The strength training, and time will help with that.  The good news is that you can recover fully from this, so keep your head up and just be patient with yourself.

ELENA BRIOLLET
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Erik, you are so kind, your help and advice were very very useful! I have watched all the videos you have sent me and am trying now to install a daily hand workout inspired by them. Fortunately I have already started to hold a pencil in a suggested way 2-3 weeks ago, so I am ready to continue working with a better grip. Just need some time to recover now 🙂 thank you again!

ELENA BRIOLLET
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 96 (left hand, short sketches)

ELENA BRIOLLET
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 97 (left hand, short sketches):

ELENA BRIOLLET
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 98 (left hand, short sketch):

ELENA BRIOLLET
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 99 (left hand…):

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Elena, please see my video for you

ELENA BRIOLLET
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Joshua,

What a gift you have prepared for me by the end of my challenge! I am really grateful for this! Even if usually I am a self-motivated person I truly appreciate every piece of advice and encouragement concerning my drawings and sketches!

I have watched the whole video and thank you for your time and comments! These were fast sketches (2-3 minutes) from life so I cannot attach a reference, but I understand what you mean when you are speaking about adding more structure and boxiness which should help a better communication of the sense of a pose.

It was not easy for me to finish this challenge because of the carpel tunnel syndrome, but I am happy I have done it till the end.

Thanks to the 100-day art challenge I have discovered that I can draw every day and progressing in art skills despite of a big workload and all the family around me due to the lockdown context 🙂

I completely agree that the more we learn the more is to be learned… So I hope that after a small break I will come back to learn more from NMA.

Thanks again!

ELENA BRIOLLET
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

And here is my day 100 (10 min sketch):

GR
    Participant
    No points.

congratulations!

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Congratulations!!!

erikdenneserikdennes
    Participant
    No points.

Congratulations.  Rest that right hand!!

Viewing 14 posts - 181 through 194 (of 194 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.