Elena’s 100 Day Challenge : Figure and anatomy drawing

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Elena’s 100 Day Challenge : Figure and anatomy drawing

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 194 total)
  • Author
    ELENA BRIOLLET
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 64.2:

ELENA BRIOLLET
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 65.1:

ELENA BRIOLLET
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 65.2:

ELENA BRIOLLET
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 66:

ELENA BRIOLLET
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 67:

ELENA BRIOLLET
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 68: I continue to spend some time on anatomy issues but finally it is quite interesting. Anyway I think I will have a better understanding of the human morphology afterwords…

ELENA BRIOLLET
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 69:

GordanKnezic
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Elena, you are doing an amazing work! The anatomy drawings are worthy having their place in medical books.

I am considering taking a Russian drawing course after I finish with this challenge which is in about two weeks.

What I am unsure of and forgive me if that is a stupid question, is there much practical value from artist stand point in drawing skeletons and muscles in such great detail?

Do you absorb any of it and do you see it useful in your figure drawing? I am sure that it can be a daunting exercise to draw a skull or a shoulder griddle from various angles, but how much of it stays and has practical value?

Thanks and keep up good work!

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Elena. Been a while since I’ve spent time catching up with my fellow participants. Had to deal with unavoidable stuff. It’s great now seeing the progress people are making. I really like how you’re not afraid to take the time to study anatomy and structure. Your work is improving noticeably as you do that. Good work!

ELENA BRIOLLET
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Goran and Paul and thank you for your comments and encouragement!

I have been postponing the study of human anatomy for a long time 🙂 In comparison with my almost everyday life drawing routine this kind of exercises always seemed boring… But I have only around 30 days to complete my challenge and I have finally found the courage to touch on this theme.

So to reply to your question, Goran, I would say that studying the anatomy pictures and schemes helps me as much as drawing anatomy. The more I see and understand where is situated this or that muscle or this or that bone the more I can foresee things in figure drawing. It already helps me with drawing from imagination and let me avoid some errors in drawing from life. The muscles help to predict volumes of the body parts. As for the bones, I think for me the most important thing is their articulation and the visible points of bones.

Anyway, we will see the results afterwords, because by now I am far from being expert in anatomy, I am still learning 🙂

ELENA BRIOLLET
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 70:

DaneThibeault
    Participant
    No points.

Hey Elena!

This is my first time checking out your work, and you have great skill in your use of watercolour! I love how you use very delicate pencil linework and let the watercolour do most of the communication. I know that the muscles are so complex that they are a problem of there own to deal with, but I would love to see you do some of the musculature in that watercolor style. Ive rarely seen muscle illustrations in watercolor, so that might be something interesting to explore. Looking forward to seeing more of your work!

Dane

ELENA BRIOLLET
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey Dane!

Thank you for visiting my thread! You are right: it could be interesting to do so and I will try to combine these too things during the week 🙂 BTW, I love your work and pen skills!

Today is the day off from anatomy studies. I have had a lot of work and made only some watercolor sketches to chill out. But tomorrow I hope I will be able to continue with anatomical exploration of legs…

Day 71:

ELENA BRIOLLET
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 71.1:

ELENA BRIOLLET
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 71.2 (15 min):

Viewing 15 posts - 136 through 150 (of 194 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.