Dean G’s 100-Day Digital Painting Challenge

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Dean G’s 100-Day Digital Painting Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    DeanGiberson
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 71. Thank you Iliya. I see that you are bringing more of the ambient light in and pushing the darks. Both things I will work on.

iamjakerooiamjakeroo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

hey Dean,

you have a great collection of digital paintings here

it’s neat to see the progress, and I especially like what you did on day58

keep doing your thing

DeanGiberson
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 72. I was not able to spend as much time today as I would have liked. Here is my work in progress.

I’m trying to value group by constructing a pallet in the right tone and working from that.

DeanGiberson
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 73. Super frustrated at this point. I think I need more middle tones. Not sure the reference does have strong shadow so I’m trying to interpret form.

DeanGiberson
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 74

DeanGiberson
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Reddit gets drawn provided this image

DeanGiberson
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 75. The projected lights were very interesting. Drawing in the background red colour to add to the arm really seems to set it in place.

DeanGiberson
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 71.

Thank you again Iliya. I see what you changed really put her into the scene. I’ll work on this more. Thank you again for taking the time to provide feedback.

Here is today’s with the reference.

DeanGiberson
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 71.

Thank you for taking the time Iliya. I see the changes you did and it really brought the piece together. I’ll work to keep it in mind.

Here’s my recent pic, plus reference.

<span style=”-webkit-tap-highlight-color: rgba(0, 0, 0, 0);”></span>

DeanGiberson
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 76. Not sure why that was reposted, and twice. Odd. Anyway here’s my current piece. I think the left eye is wrong. I’ve. Made her a little cross eyed in my pic. Also I need to add a bit more gradient from the near side of the face to the far side to push that side back. Right now it’s sitting too flat. I could also make the lower part of the face a little rounder.

Bryan MccabeBryan Mccabe
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hello Dean, I really like your recent work. On the man with the pirate hat, I think it might be a good idea to bring in some of the slightly green tones on the jawline and neck areas. It seems a bit too white to me compared to the photo reference. Keep up the good work.

DeanGiberson
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 77.

DeanGiberson
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 78. Trying to be very deliberate about my value grouping. Also trying to avoid blending too much by going all hard edges first.

DeanGiberson
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 79.

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Hi Dean. Been a bit out of things lately. Finally catching up with the other participants while I rehab. Your work is improving steadily. Are working in Procreate?

Viewing 15 posts - 91 through 105 (of 115 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.