Constructive Head Drawing: Week 1 | Introduction to Skull Structure

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Constructive Head Drawing: Week 1 | Introduction to Skull Structure

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

We are pleased to share with you a 10 week-long class brought to you by Art Mentors! In this class, Master draftsman, Glenn Vilppu teaches Constructive Head Drawing. The class will focus on the anatomical structures of the skull and face, and how to draw realistic features and expressions. In this first lesson, Glenn gives an introduction to his head drawing approach. Glenn will emphasize the importance of drawing from your knowledge of skull structure, and how to analyze the model, rather than copy. He will also go over basic proportions, and how to tackle various angles of the head.

Materials

• Caran D’ache Supracolor II Watercolor Pencil – Bunrt Sienna
    • Pentel Water Brush
    • Winsor & Newton Watercolor (in Homemade Altoids Tin Palette)
    pjb82
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

This course is nice and all but would it be possible to provide the reference he is actually using, it is incredibly difficult to follow along with the quick sketch when the reference is so small and blurry.

Despoina Kantere
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi!

i would like to congratulate you for an amazing course. For the first tine i understand the anatomy behind the good portraits. I tried other methods but I failed to comprehend the proportions, the differences  between faces nad what makes a face look real.

You are a master. Thank you for sharing so important knowledge that I am definitely going to implement. in my art.

Thank you so much!

Kind regards,

Despoina

Natalie MontelongoNatalie Montelongo
    Keymaster
    Administrator Badge
    No points.

Despoina,

Thank you kindly for the site compliments. We are so happy to hear you have gained a deeper understanding that you can now apply to your art.

🙂

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.