Christopher’s 100 Day Challenge: All about process, shape and value

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Christopher’s 100 Day Challenge: All about process, shape and value

Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)
  • Author
    theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Absolutely. we all like to compare ourselves with the incredibly skilled, experienced, and accomplished artists we look up to, which is super important in giving us a goal to shoot for and making much of our improvement, knowing what’s good and how to do it. but its important not to let Inspiration become negative comparison. we tend to forget how long it took them to get where they are, which can make us negative about where we’re at in the process of learning, and when we don’t reach that ‘success’ in a couple weeks then we failed! which of course is absurd. I’ve recently had a time with this, it can be hard to find the balance and avoid too much Inspiration lol. just trying to get a handle on the negative thinking realizing that it only sets you back! we want to stay inspired, not overly discouraged.

really like you said the only comparison we should really be concerned with is our own! seeing our own improvement from even a week ago should be inspiring. imagine what it could look like a year from now!! we must harness the POWER of POSITIVITY! hahaha. keep up the good work, we all just gotta keep on keepin on! 🙌🙌

Christopher
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you Mattias,

I for myself luckily found that being conscious of the things you mentioned helps alot to not get bothered by them.

If I’m getting impatient or frustrated recently it’s mostly because even if we would learn the perfect way there is still a limit of how much information we can process per day which can get me frustrated since it forces you to stay patient because learning anatomy, for example, is just not possible in a day 😅

The next thing that succeeds in bothering me from time to time are these inconsistencies we have in our learning, where you think you had a good week and made some progress but shortly after a not so good time arrives there your stuff seems to be even worse than compared to before the improvement 😅

Day 75, 76 & 77

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.forum.nma.art/994948/ryy63k5wwflnsdywbw20w36lyjy71x9j.jpg

Still having issues with my hand so only one page per day for the moment but I’m using the time to revisit my notes aswell as some of the lectures.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Christopher.
    • This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by Christopher.
    Christopher
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 78

theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

haha yeah what you said is very true, I think im very susceptible to these frustrations, once I realize a problem I try to fix it in a day, and going against what I said it can be rough when you look back and think why the heck can’t I draw anymore!! but of course this attitude only makes it worse.. I really appreciate your insights though, it tends to be that other people can see our problems much easier than we can.

theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

and totally killing it on day 75! the glenn demos, the cross hatching is on point! shadows look really legit to me 👍 the last page looks great too

• This reply was modified 3 years, 4 months ago by theokatzman45.
Viewing 5 posts - 76 through 80 (of 80 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.