Charcoal figure drawing of NMA model Sierra

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Charcoal figure drawing of NMA model Sierra

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author
    Timo KäharaTimo Kähara
    Participant
    No points.

That pose of the model was different and interesting to me and loved the slight tilt of the head. Charcoal on paper, 59,4×42 cm.
    More figure drawings and portrait paintings on my instagram -> https://www.instagram.com/timokaharaart/

Cheers!

near-zaarnear-zaar
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Love this! It’s beautifully done. I’m a complete beginner, so I can’t afford to give accurate critique of your work, but I’m thoroughly enjoying it. Thank you for posting. Just started following you on Instagram. Love the Dalai Lama portrait!

Fabrizio Borgo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Beautifully done

JayleneJaylene
    Participant
    No points.

The figure is beautiful and very well done.  You might want to consider softening the edges of the cast shadow and fading it out a bit.  It distracts from your beautiful figure, being such a high contrast, hard edged area.  The Figure is beautiful.

Timo KäharaTimo Kähara
    Participant
    No points.

Thanks for the feedback!
    It’s true that the cast shadow might/should be with less sharp edges, to get less attention. The cast shadow on reference photo was with sharp edges, though. But that’s the task of the artist to guide the viewers eye on drawing/painting, I have to keep that always in mind (:

Carlos Perez
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Great job Timo, the hard edge at  her back is amazing plus the composition works pretty well pointing to that direction,  i would say that the muscle that connects the collar bone to the neck feels like a wrap clothe rather that a muscle.

Thanks for sharing it ::)

kay
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

stunning work, I dont think it could be any better.

it is very beautiful

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.