Bird’s 100-Day Figure Drawing and Anatomy Challenge

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Bird’s 100-Day Figure Drawing and Anatomy Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Bird
    Participant
    No points.

Days 51 and 52: Initial head study influenced by Rubens. More box/organic form work, including some Cambiaso styled experiments. Also began reading Bridgman.

Bird
    Participant
    No points.

Day 53: Refreshing my memory of the bones and key landmarks of the skull (in stereometric view), plus more box forms.

Bird
    Participant
    No points.

Day 54: Continued reviewing Bridgman, analyzing his influences, and developing a game plan for the next few weeks. In the meantime, a few simple Cambiaso-influenced quick studies.

Bird
    Participant
    No points.

Days 55 and 56: Pushing more organic forms and playing a bit more with line.

Bird
    Participant
    No points.

More Day 56: This one didn’t make it to discord due to the NSFW filter. Concentrating a bit more on the core shadow here, with some Bridgman elements.

Bird
    Participant
    No points.

Day 57: Am studying Bridgman (along with Bammes and Osti) and put together this summary of key influences to better understand his lessons.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 6 months ago by Bird.
    Bird
    Participant
    No points.

Day 58: Quick Bridgman head study just to better understand his marks. Not that I plan to work in chalk on a long stick on big paper any anytime soon.

Bird
    Participant
    No points.

Day 59: Several hours of shape studies, plus this quick Bridgman thumb study. It kind of pains me that his hatching is better with a 3’ stick than mine is with a digital pen. Will need to go back to the drawing board with Fialetti, Carracci and Julien with digital soon.

Bird
    Participant
    No points.

Day 60: Bridgman shoulder study

Bird
    Participant
    No points.

Day 61: Quick figure study, experimenting with different brushes in Procreate to improve shading quality.

Bird
    Participant
    No points.

Day 62: More figure studies applying Bridgman elements and brush experimentation.

Bird
    Participant
    No points.

Day 63: Quick figure study.

Bird
    Participant
    No points.

Day 64: Another Bridgman influenced figure study.

Bird
    Participant
    No points.

Day 65: Been deep into Bridgman study, but have also been playing around with more expressionist quick study. Something a bit more loose and tonal.

Bird
    Participant
    No points.

Day 66: Am working from Buchman’s Expressive Figure Drawing a bit just to balance out all of the constructive stuff I’m doing with Bridgman, Osti, etc. Also, experimenting with different procreate brushes. Going for more of a pen and ink wash feel here.

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.