Bird’s 100-Day Figure Drawing and Anatomy Challenge

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Bird’s 100-Day Figure Drawing and Anatomy Challenge

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Bird
    Participant
    No points.

Days 34 and 35: Studied different proportional canons and their application to box forms/maquettes in perspective. Working on a bunch of quick sketches (50+, 5-20 mins) for one of the assignments for the Russian figure drawing class. Here are two that I took a bit further as part of that effort.

Bird
    Participant
    No points.

Day 36: Long day, so a figure fragment done to relax and unwind.

Bird
    Participant
    No points.

Day 37 and 38: Playing around with tonal quick sketch, but using different rendering techniques and processes.

• This reply was modified 2 years, 7 months ago by Bird.
    Bird
    Participant
    No points.

Days 39, 40 and 41: Have been traveling and dealing with some family issues, so have been mostly confined to quick sketch and experimenting with some new techniques (which are a bit of a work in progress).

Bird
    Participant
    No points.

Day 42: Gesture drawing turned into an anatomy study.

Bird
    Participant
    No points.

Day 43: More figure drawing (plus some study of Bammes and Oosti).

PaulDidier
    Participant
    No points.

Enjoying your posts. I’m going to watch your progress with Procreate. It’s the main program I use for digital images and I want to get better at it.
    Good job!

Bird
    Participant
    No points.

Thanks, I’m getting more familiar with it, have been experimenting a lot, and am starting to get it a bit more dialed in. Love the convenience of using the iPad.

Bird
    Participant
    No points.

Have been posting on Discord due to the image uploader for these forums not working, now up to Day 47. Hope to post the work at some point.

Bird
    Participant
    No points.

Completed Day 50 yesterday on Discord. Halfway there! Looks like the uploader here is working again, so will post again here soon.

Bird
    Participant
    No points.

Day 44: Another figure study, plus some head construction review work based on Osti.

Bird
    Participant
    No points.

Day 45: Quick figure sketch and more review of Osti.

Bird
    Participant
    No points.

Days 46 and 47: A couple of versions of the same pose with different rendering.

Bird
    Participant
    No points.

Days 48 and 49: A few rough figure studies, some Bridgman reading, and muscle identification exercise from Osti’s second anatomy book, plus some quick sketch.

Bird
    Participant
    No points.

Day 50: Quick box form exercise from Osti book one.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.