Beginner Figure Critique Request!

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Beginner Figure Critique Request!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi, beginner artist, seeking direction, correction, critique. Right now I’ve been focused on understanding gesture and form, and I’ve been learning from Mike Mattesi’s Force book, Glen Vilppu renaissance figure drawing, and a bit of Steve Houston’s constructive figure drawing. I could really use some honest critique and a more experienced look at my work, because I feel that I am quite clueless to the mistakes I’m making, that I’m just running in circles, in dire need of some solid direction. Would really appreciate any honest thoughts on where I need to be going, what I need to stop doing, things that are weak, anything. Please forgive the dirtiness and messiness, much thanks.

Denie Kony
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hey,

I am no pro, but I’ve been studying the stuff that you do for a while too and I got to say I love the movement and feeling of action in your poses. I am not really sure what your intention is behind these pictures, what is it that you’re trying to capture, but if it’s the movement, I am loving it. One thing I am kind of missing in a few of those poses is the feeling of weight. Anw I am excited to see more of your work 🙂

theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks! I think you got it right on the money, I appreciate the help! I’ll certainly try and work on it! 👌

Charles HuCharles Hu
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Charles HuCharles Hu
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi,

Your drawing has good sense of fluidly .I can see you are searching for gesture and rhythm when you developed them which Are excellent. The downside of that are the drawing will Suffer on structure which Also means Perspective. The connections of body Which often be seeing as corner ,will easily misplaced.

My suggestion will be start off you day with short poses like what you are doing now, then Transition into more longer poses and focusing on structure and pay attention and how all parts fit together. Look for corners and using it As reference point to establish proportion.

Without understanding structures, 3 1/4 view most likely will be Suffer, especially the pelvis area.

Good luck! (Thumbs up)

theokatzman45
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks so much!!! I’ll certainly try to implement more structure!

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.