Andrew’s 100 Day Challenge: Portrait

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Andrew’s 100 Day Challenge: Portrait

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 126 total)
  • Author
    AndrewAndrew
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 21 – Tried my first animal drawing. Eyes is missplaced like always. But crosshatching is fun for the fur.

AndrewAndrew
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 22 – Wanted to try using another a black colour for the head shadow, but sticked with the blue color. And don’t cheap on pens. Should have used a Bic pen.

AndrewAndrew
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 23 – Forgot to post yesterday . Tried  to draw a faster portrait Took me like 30-45 Min portrait. Instead of 1 hour.

AndrewAndrew
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 24 – Wanted to try multiple color, since the reference had also multiple colors. Didn’t turn out that well. Might work with another drawing medium.

AndrewAndrew
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 25 – Missed a day. Busy with work lately. Also got time to watch some Villpu head drawing lessons.

AndrewAndrew
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 26 – Instead of drawing the portraits so big. I will try to focus on drawing smaller pics.

AndrewAndrew
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 27 – After looking at the scan i realized I made a lot of errors. But still it was a fun drawing.

AndrewAndrew
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Had some internet issues so I couldn’t upload and was busy with work lately. Missed some days.

AndrewAndrew
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 29. Thinking of trying out a new drawing medium. Not a fan of charcoal. Might give watercolor a try.

AndrewAndrew
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 30 – Still not ready with watercolor. Gotta watch some courses first. And not a big fan of the eyes.

AndrewAndrew
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 31 – Did some Villpu  portrait lessons today. Kinda like how the potrait turned out.

AndrewAndrew
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 32 – Cross hatching takes so long for the hair so I got lazy at the end.

Marjolein P
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 32 is great! ☺️ Good work on the hair.

AndrewAndrew
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 33 – My hand/arm/elbow is tired from all the hatching. And my pen sometimes doesn’t draw.

@Marjolein – Thanks a lot.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Great work! Focus on selecting the front and side planes of the head. It’s just just for lighting but to get the perspective right. That’s the big thing I’m seeing that could be improved. Use a box to help you think clearly about the six sides of the head.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 126 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.