Andre, free-trial-orist

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Start Here: Introduce Yourself! Andre, free-trial-orist

Tagged: 

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    andresclements
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hiya

I’m André Clements, in Johannesburg South Africa. I’ve been practicing and hybridizing various dimensions of art for some time and have increasingly been drawn back to, well, drawing. I host a local life-drawing group, have achieved some success with what I think of as post-digital painterly while holding down an interesting and stimulating day job in a marketing agency and submitting to the trials, tribulations and trying to embrace the treasures of family and life.

While the confines of my demanding but by no means complaint-worthy, reasonably comfortable, middle-class resources and colonial heritage doesn’t presently allow me to afford something like NMA, it turns out my birthday is this week and the gods of providence deemed it appropriate to have a free trial, and have Steve Huston say in a YouTube video that it would be okay to, ahem, dip-and-bail, so to speak.

Which is a round-about way of saying that I’m very excited about being in here, and about cramming what I can get out into the next ten days, but in all likelihood; sadly won’t be around much after that.

But hey, life is short and here we are, so let’s do this thing.

I’ve started by launching into the sketchbook ‘lesson’. Will post some of the output in that forum thread. Hope I can get hold of a fountain pen soon, that does look fun and very dynamic.

Please feel free to make contact, I am not the most social of personalities but I do love thinking about and trying this.

All the best to you.

• This topic was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by andresclements. Reason: paragraph spacing
    • This topic was modified 5 years, 10 months ago by andresclements. Reason: Spelling and grammar
    andresclements
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Damn, ten days passed much too quickly. Only just managed to obtain some fountain pen nibs today.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.