Anatomy drawing

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Anatomy drawing

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    Brittney BachBrittney Bach
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I like Iliya. I really enjoy and admire him. But there’s just no way I can do what he assigns. The anatomy just intimidates me into submission. I don’t even know where to begin. I’m not a doctor. There’s just no way.

Daniel DaigleDaniel Daigle
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Hi Brittney, as they say, where there is a will, there is a way. Anatomy is super intimidating. It takes years of dedication and practice, but it is very doable. Iliya had very rigorous training. He spent an entire year on the skull alone. So I think its important to manage our expectations when trying to learn from these world class instructors. Its very common to feel the way you do. But if you trust in the process and keep chipping away at it, you will progress. You just have to believe that you can do it 🙂
    I recommend starting with Rey Bustos if you really want to learn anatomy
    https://www.nma.art/courses/reys-anatomy-an-introduction-to-human-anatomy-with-rey-bustos/

if you aren’t allergic to sculpting, his ecorche class is a great place to start too

Steve Huston and Charles Hu are also great for learning the form of anatomy.

Also, my personal recommendation for starting anatomy is this book.  The Complete Guide to Anatomy for Artists & Illustrators by Gottfried Bammes

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.