An Introduction to Composition

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion An Introduction to Composition

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this first lesson of the Foundations of Composition series, Glenn provides a high-level overview of the main elements of composition and analyzes several masterworks in order to break down the practical tools that you can employ in your own art.

In the Foundations of Composition video lesson series, world-famous artist and instructor Glenn Vilppu offers you a rich understanding of the complex subject of composition in fine art. Glenn lectures, demonstrates, and analyzes the Old Masters in his usual straightforward and concise style as he digs down to the practical tools of composition and how they can be applied to your own work. In this first lesson of the series, Glenn provides a high-level overview of the main elements of composition and analyzes several masterworks in order to break down the practical tools that you can employ in your own art.

Materials

• Stabilo CarbOthello Pastel Pencil
    JazGalaxy
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

This course is… not good. I have no doubt that Mr. Vilppu has an ENORMOUS amount of information in his head that he has accumulated over many years of study, but he is terrible at communicating any of it.  I understand that he is old, and there is nothing that can be done about that. But perhaps the course could have been edited? Perhaps he could have done the work to create a better presentation?

As it stands, a significant portion fo the course’s run-time is him struggling to come up with the words he means to use and jumping from idea to idea, leaving many half finished or not finished at all.

Again, I understand that nothing can be done about the fact that Mr. Vilpuu is sharing the experience he has with many years of age. But this is a course that you people are charging money for. The presentation and production is too low to call this professional even if Mr. Vilpuu is a master instructor.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.