An Introduction to Art Philosophy

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion An Introduction to Art Philosophy

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    New Masters AcademyNew Masters Academy
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

In this video lesson, world-renowned artist Steve Huston provides you with an introduction to the world of art, and art theory. Throughout his lecture, Steve explores art as an idea, tool, concept, and a way of life. Steve shares his perspective on topics such as finding your creative intent, understanding art as a technical craft, finding an approach that works for you, using your art to create a connection with your audience, establishing deeper meaning in your work, and obtaining originality. Steve also analyzes famous works that illustrate the concepts he covers in the lecture.

Materials

• Sharpie Marker
    • Newsprint Paper
    cleverdevil76
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Anyone watching Pt 3 and ready to take notes from the white board – don’t. I love taking board notes, but it quickly becomes a can of smashed arsheholes.
    Just listen. Ignore the board.

• This reply was modified 5 years, 3 months ago by cleverdevil76.
    cleverdevil76
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Side note: I have no love for the renaissance.

Donna ReadDonna Read
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

“An epic is a story that not only saves himself or herself, but saves the society – that’s what artists have a chance to be.” This hit me right in the gut, thank you Steve!

EstrellaEstrella
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I found some of the videos to not have any clear points or actual lessons to learn from

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Estrella, could you be more specific? There are different kinds of lessons and courses. Some are lectures, some are art theory, some are demos, others are how-to procedures where you follow along with assignments.

Janice OliverJanice Oliver
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I am a beginner and teaching myself.  I found this class to be just what I needed as I grow in finding my voice as an artist.   I really enjoyed the instructor.  He made so many profound statements that were quite eye opening and gave me the A-HA moments that I needed.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Thank you for saying so. Obviously instructors each have a different style and not every style will teach at NMA will be a good fit for everyone (referring to Estrella).

Try to pick the teachers on our site that make sense to you. The fundamentals don’t change even if the presentation and delivery does.

GordanKnezic
    Participant
    No points.

Absolutely love this lesson! Steve Huston presentation is so empowering and puts in real perspective the thinking and reason behind being artist and doing the art. The “why” has always been an important question on my mind and Steve just opened that window to the world of magic for me. Thank you Steve!

Nicole HarrisonNicole Harrison
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I’m still on the first lesson so far, but I’m taking notes fervently! There’s so much to contemplate and so far this is very helpful. I’ve struggled for many years with finding my voice, style, and trying to get my niche. I’m very critical of myself. I feel a lot of pressure that I should be farther along in my artistic career, or a better artist, or whatever discouraging thing I always end up telling myself. So far this is very empowering and I’m happy that I get the opportunity to be here!

azelzor
    Participant
    No points.

Steve Huston is changing my life. Thank you Steve.

Vu Pham Thai Anh
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you. From Vietnam. You’re changing the way I look at life and art.

dipierce4
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

So far I love the lessons, and it is just what I needed to get my creativity moving.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.