Alex’s 2nd 100 day art challenge

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Alex’s 2nd 100 day art challenge

• This topic has 11 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by AlexAlex.
Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author
    AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

ok for my second challenge Im going to try to be much more consistent. Currently I have only 15 days of this year missed for doing art daily, so now I have a strong habit going Im going to smash this challenge. This time I have more of a focus. I want to get better at Environment and hardsurface artwork. so Ill be studying landscape, rendering and putting my perspective drawing skills to use a lot. Earlier in the month I identified a huge weakness in depicting trees and foliage so Ive decided to do a few master studies this week to try and fix that. Ive also done some of Ben Fenske’s wonderful landscape course.

anyway, here is a loose master study of John Constable done in digital media. about an hour and a half.

And here is a drawing I did in the woods, about 40 minutes.

please post any comments or tips to improve, cheers 🙂

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

another loose constable study. We really have the GOATS of landscape in the UK. Constable & Turner cant be topped.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

rendering geoforms from imagination

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

#3 perspective draw through/ form building of a S.E.5 plane from WW1

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

took a break for a few days just because Id been going so hard and intense lately. just needed to stop and straighten my head out a bit. anyway, heres another quick constable study.

Day #4

Vera Coberley
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Amazing job with the airplane! I also enjoy your tree studies – I plan to try my hand at landscapes in the near future, as well. I made some attempts at rendering trees in watercolor last year, and they turned out rather flat, so it’s interesting to see you tackle this problem.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

thanks Vera, you might want to take Ben Fenske’s landscape course. It has lots of good information about thinking about landscape and how to approach it. Also, go out and do plein air. It helps figuring out grouping and stuff like that better than working from photos

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

yesterdays work for day#5 I forgot to post.

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day #6 didnt feel great yesterday so I didnt draw. Here’s a study of Mesopotamian architecture I did this morning.

heres the reference, just pulled from google

AlexAlex
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

yesterday I started this study, might try to finish it today #7

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.