Acrylic Landscape (Folkestone

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Art & Artwork Open Critique Acrylic Landscape (Folkestone

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

<!–more–>

JanJan
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

This is beautiful, Tim! You really captured the feeling of walking on a path to the water. It seems very “real” for lack of a better word. I like the simplicity of the background contrasted with the delicate brushstrokes in the foreground. It’s nice to see your new work!

TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks Jan  very Kind ,I have been painting outside on this path for around 3 months  seascapes etc  it’s very calming  hope your lovely art is flowing Tim

Jeffrey SawyerJeffrey Sawyer
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

I like it as well Tim. The only thing I notice is the area at the end of the path where it turns to the right. I don’t know what that mass is between the path and the grass. is it rocks? That could get a little more attention maybe? Really good stuff the sky is great and the greens are really good.

TimTim
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks Jeffrey I have returned to drawing now  to  observe “values” I find using colour as above very challenging and am naturally attracted to dry mediums and muted washes  “painting can seem like the highest level and I think I got sucked into that .

Kind regards

Tim

Leo Di Fraia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi Tim,

Check your reference image for this, but I feel the sky and shadows are too alike in value.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.