A thinking face

Discuss on Discord Register Free
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    André Girão TaufferAndré Girão Tauffer
    Participant
    No points.

This is a self portrait I did almost two years ago. It was a real game changer for me in times of uncetainty, even though it’s pretty simple. I was in a strange moment in life, kind of lost actually between things, unemployed, in a different country, but with a strong urge to paint everyday. Then one sunny afternoon, sitting in the balcony to think I realized that this was my face (the whole expression with the hand in the chin) for a big part of the day, if I wasn’t looking like that because I was thinking, then I was because I was painting, or thinking about painting. Anyway, I opened my cellphone camera to look at my face and painted it right at that moment. It was by far the fastest portrait I ever did, single layer, didn’t worry about getting it right at all, just about exploring and having fun. I know it is also pretty simple, might even look silly, but I do really like this portrait.

Thank you for making me remember that! I’ll surely make some new self portraits later on!

LuceroLucero
    No badges. No points.

This is great! You really captured the deep thinking here. I like your use of color. Thanks for sharing.

Participant
    No points.

Thank you Lucero 😊

Carlise Azmitia
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Your colors and style are really great here!

Jeanette AssiesJeanette Assies
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Wow! Sounds like my story: giving up my career to do…..what…..? I only knew that I desperately wanted to learn how to draw and paint, and this urge is still there. Just follow your bliss, Andre, because this portrait looks realy promising!

Participant
    No points.

Thanks Carlise! The colors and style in this one are pretty different then what I was trying to do back then. I think that made me like it even more!

Participant
    No points.

Thanks Jeanette! And nice determination!

Participant
    No points.

Decided it was time to look at myself again, so here’s a new self portrait. This one took a bit more of time but still single layered. Had also a lot of fun with this one. I recently bought a new mirror mainly because I had this idea that it would be fun to paint by looking in the mirror. It was!

New self portrait

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.