100 Hundred Days of Figure and Anatomy Studies

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge 100 Hundred Days of Figure and Anatomy Studies

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 115 total)
  • Author
    LEWIS MACKENZIELEWIS MACKENZIE
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

DAY 11

Quick sketches for Glenn Villpu’s course on drawing materials. Attempted some from life, but the wind was doing my box in, so most are from NMA reference. Quality very uneven. For the action poses i forced myself to only look at the photo for a half second then draw from memory.

https://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.forum.nma.art/1672889/wceuty8xh2zdz8ok0080nm6r6t3gjo88.jpg

Aborted Tintoretto study. Going to try this one again as I love the original drawing so much.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Sorry about the crap photos – but I’m on holiday, gimme a break!

Marcolino EstuardoMarcolino Estuardo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hah! I figured that was a Tintoretto study by looking at those accents and lines. Love that guy! I can feel the roundness of that ribcage through the pecs and bottom of the cage itself.

I reeeeeeally like this figure btw.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thanks! Interesting that you’d pick that one out – felt like a bit of a scribble to me. What do you feel is working about it?

Yeah, Tintoretto. The amount of knowledge and information he can communicate through just a few carefully placed marks. Mind blowing.

Marcolino EstuardoMarcolino Estuardo
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

You indicated the notch (brow, eye socket, cheekbone), there’s a direct ‘thrust’ from her forward lean, the expressions/attitudes of the arms and legs.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

DAY 11

Justa page of 5 minute poses today, not time for anything else

Participant
    No badges. No points.

DAY 13

Spent the day at my parents’ house with my daughter, but managed to sneak in some sketching among the mayhem

Yes, that’s my phone’s shadow on the paper. That portrait of the wee one looks nothing like her, as it was almost all done from memory.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Thank you, I appreciate the comment

[Likes post]

Participant
    No badges. No points.

DAY 14

I’ve been plugging away at my first piece for Iliya’s digitial figure painting course tonight. Starting to get a bit more comfortable with Procreate, or at least finding brushes that I like. My main worry with this at the moment is that the treatment is a little inconsistent from area to area. Hopefully I can unify everything before submission.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

DAY 15

Was chasing my tail with this a bit today, but managed some further refinements, mostly in the legs. I’ve just started head repaint number five (I think) after finally realising that the neck was too long.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

DAY 16

Procreate sketch of Simon Cowell

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Also got this as far as I could before the submission deadline. Would have liked another week, but that not how it works! 

Participant
    No badges. No points.

DAY 17

On the road all day today, but managed to knock out this rather clumsy sketch of a hand.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

DAY 18

I am doing it all wrong, at least in terms of the brief for week 3 of the digital figure painting course, but I can’t figure out a way to follow the assignment properly in Procreate, so this is my initial block in for the next figure pose.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

DAY 19

I’ve been asked by a friend to do a drawing of her two kids, and am working from photographs that she has supplied. She doesn;t have a picture of the two of them together, so I’ve been putting together thumbnails placing them together in the frame and trying to fugure out a tonal arrangement that I like.

Any feedback or advice on these would be much appreciated. The boy is seated in a cross legged position and the girl is jumping, and although I’m not trying to place them together in a cohesive space, I feel like it will look awkward to have their legs so close to each other given the difference in their actions. I’m trying to find a satisfying way of  obscuring them or leaving them kind of vague, but I’m not sure any of these are working very well.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 115 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.