100 Day Challenge – Oz

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge 100 Day Challenge – Oz

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author
    Will OsolinskyWill Osolinsky
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Hi, This is Oz. Welcome to my 100-day art challenge hosted by New Master’s Academy. Zoom zoom!

Task: Sketch every day

Medium: Pencil, pen, charcoal, eraser, brush pen, paper, sharpener, markers

Posting: Update tracker daily, work from the day, burning share.

[][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][][]

TRACKER:

[x][May3][May4][May5][May6][May7][May8][May9][May10][May][May11]

[May12][May13][May14][May15][May16][May17][May18][May19][May20][May21][May22]

[May23][May24][May25][May26][May27][May28][May29][May30][May31][June1]

[June2][June3][June4][June5][June6][June7][June8][June9][June10][June11]

[June12][June13][June14][June15][June16][June17][June18][June19][June20][June21]

[June22][June23][June24][June25][June26][June27][June28][June29][June30][July1]

[July2][July3][July4][July5][July6][July7][July8][July9][July10][July11]

[July12][July13][July14][July15][July16][July17][July18][July19][July20][July21]

[July22][July23][July24][July25][July26][July27][July28][July29][July30][July31]

[Aug1][Aug2][Aug3][Aug4][Aug5][Aug6][Aug7][Aug8][Aug9][Aug10]

What happens if…

1.I get sick? With my dying breath whip a little bit of charcoal at some paper and call it a win for the day

2.I can’t find my tools? Use anything on anything. Paper plate, napkin, hotel pen. All’s fair. Maybe not boogies.

3.I run out of materials? Order ahead of time. Go to Walgreens and get bare essentials. Make something maybe.

4.I don’t “feel” like it? Do an energy practice, write a goal, choose a royal emotion, take a swing.

5.I’m running out of time and other priorities call? Do an energy practice, write a goal, choose a royal emotion, take a swing.

Joshua JacoboJoshua Jacobo
    Keymaster
    No badges. No points.

Love this post. Can’t wait to see what you come up with! Tracker is a cool idea.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 1

I had the opportunity to practice bit by bit. I circled back to my station throughout the day. Had to be mobile and did sessions in multiple locations. Loved the closing breakthru. 1,2,learn. So I was putting a dot, then another dot, then I would Stop. And I would look ahead at where I was planning to put the line. And learn. Looking to where I was going with the next expression. Then it became really easy to focus on royal emotions. Found this amazing peace and calm and joy in the simple lines I was pulling on the page. Nice shift in my approach that I think I’ll keep.  Stopping to learn before I put down my stroke. Nice!

Oh and twoofer! I got my 100day challenge starter. Yay!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 2

[DAY 2]

I sat down outside today to do my task.

I stopped before making a stroke. Breathe. I also watched an art instruction video earlier. Very inspiring. Drawing the head from NMA. It definitely inspired me to focus on the head for a portion of this challenge. Today was about being gently consistent. I did my task, then when I felt my energy dipped. I set down the tools and bounced to something else.

The win is that I had some very clean lines that delighted me very much in their making. And I circled back to lessons learned prior. Good day.

Looking forward to bringing forward powerful emotions and presence in my artistic journey. And relishing every step along the way. Oh, and breathe. Gotta remember to breathe. Yay!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Challenge with the date tracker I was planning to update – Forum might not let me edit post after certain amount of time. Rats!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

Today I got a new pen.

I learned to drop my attachment to a magic pencil or pen. Any old thing off the street is suitable to practice the work. However, I really love the Zig Cocoiro letter pen. My goodness. Such precision. Ink lasts forever. And the tip. Well, in a league of it’s own. Ok enough gushing. I got really in the zone and was relishing in weaving the lines in the tiniest spaces. And visualizing where exactly I wanted to lay the line. Important that I was limiting the length of my strokes to where I could accomplish near perfection. bit by bit is better. Leason learned from Dr.B and proved time and time again in life. Yay!

My accomplishment was in the keen patience I honed in the process today. Totally immersed in the laying down of lines. And I got a lot of mileage with my new Cocoiro that I love so much. What a treat!

Bringing the lesson forward into my future I want to be intentional about a few things:

1. Lay down the line on purpose
    2. Reach to drop into flow/zone state
    3. Practice is fun trying to eek out a line through a tiny little gap

My goal tomorrow is to achieve the same level of zone state I had today when I was doing the S curves.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

[Day 3]

Today I got a new pen.

I learned to drop my attachment to a magic pencil or pen. Any old thing off the street is suitable to practice the work. However, I really love the Zig Cocoiro letter pen. My goodness. Such precision. Ink lasts forever. And the tip. Well, in a league of it’s own. Ok enough gushing. I got really in the zone and was relishing in weaving the lines in the tiniest spaces. And visualizing where exactly I wanted to lay the line. Important that I was limiting the length of my strokes to where I could accomplish near perfection. bit by bit is better. Leason learned from Dr.B and proved time and time again in life. Yay!

My accomplishment was in the keen patience I honed in the process today. Totally immersed in the laying down of lines. And I got a lot of mileage with my new Cocoiro that I love so much. What a treat!

Bringing the lesson forward into my future I want to be intentional about a few things:

1. Lay down the line on purpose
    2. Reach to drop into flow/zone state
    3. Practice is fun trying to eeeeek out a line through a tiny little gap

My goal tomorrow is to achieve the same level of zone state I had today when I was doing the S curves.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

[Day 5]

I had the opportunity to take two swings.

I played around in the morning. Did some outside. Then was peddling along with movie in background for a touch.

Made bigger strokes that coordinated. Then linking those up into bigger forms. Felt like good growth with that approach. Also very therapeutic, fun and enjoyable. Yay!

Takeaway is to take several swings – start, stop learn.

My goal tomorrow is to lay down complementary lines that become something much greater.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

[Day 6]

I made fluid marks today that were lighter touch than normal. I enjoyed adding the breaks in the line. And practiced a few lines. Onward!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

[Day 4]

I wanted to sketch and not judge myself while in process.

I turned on music, then an audio book. The inner game of tennis. This helped a lot. Then I went about my sketching. Not trying. But intensely focused. I made mark after mark. Was really intent on what I wanted to create. A straight line, an even arc, an elegant swoop. Then I noticed some of the lines were going down well without much attention at all. My body was doing it at times just as i wanted. Quite meditative.

My win for the day is in the lines that began to stack up uniformly just how I wanted.

A learning to bring forward is to trust my body. Paint a picture of my desired outcome with a very clear goal and then continue to start, stop, learn. And take another swing at the goal. Being gentle helps too!

My goal for tomorrow is to listen to have more breakthrus with my sketching mindset.

Participant
    No badges. No points.

I started the day on a really good foot.

I woke up and built my platform. Then I was really inspired and made a small piece. A friend was interested in buying which was mini win for the day! Then I did more doodling and sketching. I’m liking how the twisted rope excercise is morphing into cool dynamic forms. Fun

Bringing this forward I want to integrate the brush pen on the regular!

My goal for tomorrow is to practice a head sketch from a model. Ok, off to watch the head tutorial. Let it marinade over night 🙂 Oh, and I found some reeses that nobody knew about. Quarantine Winning!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

I was inspired by a friend to search for my purpose.

Concept flashed to mind and was so fun and easy to put down on paper. I like the manga type mouth I do sometimes. Cartoons and doodles are such a wonderful part of my life. I love them so much. This was a really, really good reminder of why I keep reaching to bring in more skill. The cartoons keeps getting better. And they are more fun too.

The win is in a return to my love of the craft which I have been longing for. This one was therapy 🙂

GOing forward I’ll connect deeply to my purpose with art and create from that space of exploration, joy, and purpose. Thank you NMA for this challenge. COmmunity is so healing!

Participant
    No badges. No points.

I had some conflict and peace today.

I grabbed the opportunity to sketch. Made some marks and realized that my accuracy has improved tremendously in the last 6 months. And then also considered how I want sketching to play into my purposeful, professional work. Still playing with the idea.

Win is in getting the challenge completed and keeping streak unbroken.

Takeaway is to continue taking a swing daily and celebrating all the small wins along the way!

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.