Reply To: Beginning Figure Drawing Part 2: Parts of the Body

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Courses & Lessons Discussion Beginning Figure Drawing Part 2: Parts of the Body Reply To: Beginning Figure Drawing Part 2: Parts of the Body

Matthew HaverlyMatthew Haverly
Participant
No badges. No points.

Ok, it took a lot of tries with different approaches.  Once I sort of dropped the chest straight down from the neck and then made the curve, it started to improve everything a little.  I was really having tough time with what I couldn’t see – what was blocked.  Also kind of found out how to work the belly gesture line from both ends – from the chest, and the pelvis, and then kinda meeting the line in the middle of itself. I was trying to put more basic shapes in the torso – and although this started with just more gesture lines here and there, it did seem to end up being oval.  But when I did oval, it seemed to fall apart.  Hmm.  I did find Steve’s drawing of this and watched it.  He kind of did a LITTLE bit of an oval (kind of half – around bottom of ribs).  I know he could/would do it 5 different ways and all would work.  It wasn’t a real cut and dry pose for sure though.  I did learn a ton though just getting to this point.  Man, many whacky attempts.