Zach’s 100 Day Challenge: 10 Daily Value Study Thumbnails

Discuss on Discord Register Free

home Forums Challenges & Activities 100 Day Art Challenge Zach’s 100 Day Challenge: 10 Daily Value Study Thumbnails

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    ZachZach
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 24 – Continued my left hand study from yesterday. I can see the structure isn’t the best but I got some awesome form and value practice in. I began my values with observation then played around from imagination for the majority of the time. It could still use some adjustments especially the structure of the thumb and the values of the middle, ring, and pinky fingers. At one point I felt I rendered it to death and had to subdue the unnecessary details which was a new lesson for me. Anyways, this is my study for the day.

• This reply was modified 3 years, 11 months ago by ZachZach.
    ZachZach
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 25 – Further refined my hand sketch, the structure of the thumb is still off so I focused on values instead of fixing that lol. I tried to better separate the lights and darks. This is as far as I’m going to take this one.

ZachZach
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Looks like my posts are disappearing, probably because I have more than one image in there. I’ll just post one of the images.

Day 26 – A sad attempt at describing form using super watered down gouache. I’ve never used gouache before so the concept of mixing colors while still focusing on values, layering while considering transparency, and working light to dark is new to me. I think it’s obvious I didn’t use any references so maybe I should try to study from an actual image/model.

I also need to work larger, my brush is pretty big and these are pretty small paintings lol.

ZachZach
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 26 – Some sad attempts at describing form using super watered down gouache. I’ve never used gouache before so the concept of mixing colors while still focusing on values, layering while considering transparency, and working light to dark is new to me. I think it’s obvious I didn’t use any references or anything so maybe I should try to study from an actual image/model.

I also need to work larger, my brush is pretty big and these are pretty small paintings lol.

ZachZach
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 27 – Continued gouache studies today but this time from a reference image. I started doing a small version just to plan things out and it kind of grew on me so I continued working on it. I definitely need to start bigger with the brush I have, it’s difficult to get a thin line for the eye lids and lashes, etc. I need to take better care when painting the silhouette, the outer contour is a bit sloppy.

My phone detected the face when I took a picture of this which is one of the biggest compliments I’ve ever received.

ZachZach
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 28 – Another watercolor from reference. Started bigger and still struggled a ton haha it’s such a big challenge for me. I lack the patience to let things dry before layering on top, or maybe that’s a sign that I’m moving too quickly. Either way I’m enjoying it despite my results!

ZachZach
    Participant
    No badges. No points.

Day 26 – Some sad attempts at describing form using super watered down gouache. I’ve never used gouache before so the concept of mixing colors while still focusing on values, layering while considering transparency, and working light to dark is new to me. I think it’s obvious I didn’t use any references or anything so maybe I should try to study from an actual image/model.

Viewing 7 posts - 76 through 82 (of 82 total)

You must be logged in to use the forums. Sign Up for a free account or Sign In.